• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

plesk-php-cleanuper alert

SacAutos

Regular Pleskian
On February 21st and now again on the 27th I received from root warning messages in an email that looked like this:

--- begin text ---
/etc/cron.hourly/plesk-php-cleanuper:

/etc/cron.hourly/plesk-php-cleanuper: line 13: 16422 Killed find /var/lib/php/session -depth -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type f -cmin +$(/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/maxlifetime) ! -execdir fuser -s {} \; -delete 2> /dev/null
--- end text ---

The only difference is the figure after the line number which I presume to be a process ID number. Any ideas what this is about? The server in question is running CentOS 6.6 and everything - Plesk included - is up to date on patches. We brought the server online about a year ago and the Plesk version we started with was 12.0, so I have no idea what the plesk-9.0 business is about...

Hello Dave,
The script plesk-php-cleanuper contains a string ! -execdir fuser {} \, which opens every file in the /var/lib/php/session directory and checks that it is not used by a working process and can be deleted.

You can find in detail about that cleaner here:
http://kb.odin.com/en/119500

Excellent suggestion. I didn't realize that my /var/lib/php/session directory had over 1.5 million files there. No wonder the cleaner-upper was dying...

Back