• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

plesk-php-cleanuper alert

SacAutos

Regular Pleskian
On February 21st and now again on the 27th I received from root warning messages in an email that looked like this:

--- begin text ---
/etc/cron.hourly/plesk-php-cleanuper:

/etc/cron.hourly/plesk-php-cleanuper: line 13: 16422 Killed find /var/lib/php/session -depth -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type f -cmin +$(/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/maxlifetime) ! -execdir fuser -s {} \; -delete 2> /dev/null
--- end text ---

The only difference is the figure after the line number which I presume to be a process ID number. Any ideas what this is about? The server in question is running CentOS 6.6 and everything - Plesk included - is up to date on patches. We brought the server online about a year ago and the Plesk version we started with was 12.0, so I have no idea what the plesk-9.0 business is about...

Hello Dave,
The script plesk-php-cleanuper contains a string ! -execdir fuser {} \, which opens every file in the /var/lib/php/session directory and checks that it is not used by a working process and can be deleted.

You can find in detail about that cleaner here:
http://kb.odin.com/en/119500

Excellent suggestion. I didn't realize that my /var/lib/php/session directory had over 1.5 million files there. No wonder the cleaner-upper was dying...

Back