• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Plesk / Postfix / SPF / DNSRBL

C

cwathan

Well, here's another one to the ***kers at sw-soft. I have sworn to myelf to be off this software within the next year due to lousy QC/QA, support & costing policies. But, until then I am stuck with their poorly written & test software & pay for support for items that shouldn't have even existed. Case in point, with 9.0.x.x & postfix, SPF & DNSRBL is ran against SASL authorized clients. Now, I had already corrected this one (I do love postfix). But, each update has included an update to Plesk mail support. Guess what? Each update nullified my fix. This is EXTREMELY annoying. I am tired of paying sw-soft for the privilege of being one of their suckered beta testers. I guess I'll be moving over to virtualmin sooner than I had expected if all of this continues. (And we know sw-soft, it's going to get worse.)

Oh well, that was my rant.

Forgot to post the fix...

I forgot to post the fix to the problem for any of you that may have ran across the same problem. In essence, the swsoft developers don't seem to know that the ORDER of configuration keys AND the ORDER of their options make a difference in postfix. (The options were put in the wrong order.)

smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org

That will fix the problem with authenticated mail users being blocked by spamhaus' dynamic IP block list.

Regards,
Chris

Back