• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Premium Anti Virus Dr Web - is it working as not detecting certain threats?!

JamJar

New Pleskian
Hello All,

Hope you can help?

I've recently signed up to a windows hosting deal, with included Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5 as part of the deal - I also purchased the optional Plesk Power Pack - and Plesk Dr. Web Anti Virus.

However, I'm not 100% sure it is working correctly and protecting my email mailboxes - even though it looks to be setup ok, checking both incoming and outgoing emails (provided by MailEnable on all my domains - how do I check it is scanning my emails correctly?

The reason I ask, is I also have Symantec Endpoint Protection - which when I run full scan, detects and removes the following - which Dr Web seems to have failed to do?!

Downloader
Trojan.Gen.2
Trojan.Zbot
W32.Rontokbro@mm

Why is Dr Web failing to detect the above?!

I'm running;

1. Plesk for Windows 11.5.30
2. Parallels Premium Antivirus 8.0.0.6100, last update: 11.11.2013, known viruses' signatures: 4667710 - how often does this get updated, not since 11/11/2013?!
3. MailEnable WebMail 7.53

Many thanks

Regards

JamJar

Hi IgorG,

Latest scan by Symantec this morning, identified 189 risks not picked up by Parallels Premium Antivirus - does not give me much confidence that Parallels Premium Antivirus is offering the protection level you would expect?

Many thanks

JimJam

Do you mean that all these viruses have been found in mail messages?

Hi IgorG,

Apologies for the delay in replying - yes, that is exactly what I'm saying - all these viruses have been found in mail messages.

Many thanks

JimJam

Do you have any useful information related to this issue in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\logs\plesklog_avstat*** file?

Dear Igor, All settings is seems correctly. But, seems "skipped" on plesklog_avstat. for test i sent eicar.zip file. but skipped. not checked or blocked. can you help me?

Back