• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Premium Email - From Address

BuzzLightBurger

New Pleskian
Hi
When sending email via an iPhone using activesync (Exchange) the from address is presented to the recipient as [email protected].

I have seen someone modify a PHP script in order to allow the (usually vacant) domain part of the account settings to be used to populate a user's full name in order to populate the FROM address correctly, ie, "first_name last_name <[email protected]>"

This can be seen via this page

Can this be achieved somehow with this 'premium' email extension?

Sending emails to clients via an activesync linked device looks a tad unprofessional at the moment and either a simple hack or a more preferred option to add a tick box in order to toggle the use of the domain field as a name field would be ideal.

Regards

Judging from the lack of response, can I assume that plesk/kolab are following protocol here and it is in fact iOS that has the issue (missing the option to send the full name variable)?

Regards

Hello,
I had same issue with ios devices on Exchange accounts. Because of the ios system sender name shown as [email protected].

In kolab configuration there is a configuration item.

/etc/roundcubemail/kolab_syncroton.inc.php
activesync_fix_from

if you enable this config, sender names will be shown on email. But I think you have to set name and surname first on webmail.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 7
Hi
Thanks for that, it seems to work via the information entered via Settings > Identities > Display Name on the webmail GUI.

Regards
B

Back