• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk PreUpgrade Backup? Is it possible?

MattCaz

Basic Pleskian
I have full server backups done every night. What I'm looking for is a way to backup my plesk 11.0.9 Centos installation prior to upgrading to 11.5.xx. Every time I do an upgrade I have problems and lose hours and hours of time.

I would like to just backup the plesk installation so if it goes south, I can FTP in and revert it back to 11.0.9.

Is this possible? I've searched and searched and haven't come across the solution. I find it hard to believe that it's not possible to just backup the control panel and all associated files.

Thanks for your time and assistance,
matt caswell

Yes, you can restore full backup of your Plesk server when you need to. Sorry, but I do not understand what the problem is?

Yes, you can restore full backup of your Plesk server when you need to. Sorry, but I do not understand what the problem is?

Read the question in post #1: Here it is: "I would like to just backup the plesk installation so if it goes south, I can FTP in and revert it back to 11.0.9."

I have full server backups and I know I can restore them, but if the plesk update kills my plesk, why should I restore the whole server. Thats like buying a new car because you got a flat tire!!!!
Is it a hard concept to grasp? Backup the Plesk control panel files and restore JUST THE PLESK PANEL FILES in case the upgrade to 11.5.xx kills my Plesk panel again, like the last one did.

I hope you understand what I'm asking now. It's all there in the first post, and I'm not sure why you can't understand it.

No, it is impossible to overwrite broken Plesk by files from Plesk backup which was made from previous version. We never test it and consequences are unpredictable. In my opinion fixing broken upgrade is much more easy procedure than reverting back to previous version. We have pre-upgrade checker tool and bootstrapper repair procedure which are designed to reduce the problems with upgrade.

Thanks for your reply to my question. I was hoping that it would be as simple as backing up the plesk files and then restoring them if needed. I've used the bootstrapper repair procedure but I'm hesitant to break my server because it happens so many times when I upgrade to take advantage of the security fixes etc.

Back