• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Plesk reinstall

IulianOlaru

Basic Pleskian
Good day everyone,
I am dealing with the following situation:
While trying to upgrade plesk through shell, it seems i have uninstalled the plesk panel. The 2 websites that where on the server, seem to have the interface up and running with wordpress and i would like to avoid a complete reinstall of the whole server and loosing all data.

What is the solution to redo this situation in Centos 6.5 or reinstall plesk as it was before. Considering that i cannot back-up anything with plesk ...

Thank you in advance for the help.

Olaru, did you try re-running the autoinstaller it self? It should give you the option to re-install or upgrade Plesk (depending on what it detects)

The re-installation of plesk does not lead to loss of physical data for the respective websites. Never the less to be very safe, copy everything from /var/www/vhosts to some secure folder before re-installing plesk ..

The autoinstaller file was deleted and i downloaded it from the plesk website and managed to reinstall. However, the 2 websites i was hosting are not showing as a webspace in plesk. Is there any possibility to reinstate them ?

Reinstating them will not be possible, unless if you have a valid plesk backup of them in /var/lib/psa/dumps/* otherwise, you would have to re-create them (but first backup there respective contents and databases..)

Create the respective client / subscription in the newly installed plesk and then from plesk, navigate to backup manager ...You should see it listed there ..(hoping that it's at /var/lib/psa/dumps)

I appreciate your help very much abdi. One more question please... i am trying to create the subscription using the same user as before but plesk is giving me the error that the username already exists. What is there to do?

You might have to delete the user records from

Code:
/etc/shadow
and or
Code:
/etc/passwd

But before then, make sure you have backed up those files should anything go wrong ...

Abdi, when trying to restore content from back-up i am receiving the following errors:

Failed to restore the remote database wordpress_d (domain klaver2.eu). It cannot be restored for security reasons. Please contact your hosting provider to solve this issue

Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/protdir.php --create wp-admin -domain klaver2.eu -type nonssl -title wp-admin -ignore-phosting-settings -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Unable to create protected URL: Unable to create user protection directory:filemng: Error occurred during /bin/mkdir command.

Any ideas ?

LATE EDIT: Permissions for the folders in /var/www/vhosts where wrong and as well, all databases and users need to be deleted before restore

Last edited:
Try to run this command manually

# /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/protdir.php --create wp-admin -domain klaver2.eu -type nonssl -title wp-admin -ignore-phosting-settings -ignore-nonexistent-options

and check output and log file /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log

Back