• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk repair utility and precedent inconsistencies

GravuTrad

Regular Pleskian
Hi.

I have a server with plesk since the version 9.

I upgraded every time, with issues each time nearly repaired.

I upgraded to 12.5.30 (on a centos 5.11 OS) and all seems to be fine.

When after a correct upgrade, to end this cool process, i would try to use plesk repair all utility, but it has putted more problems than remove them. (the solved inconsistencies removed seems to have broken vhost templates)

I need to solve two problems maybe linked:

First one, suexec use a bad httpd user (admin2, old user removed), which seems to be correctly removed of the psa database, but still appear in the vhost reconstruction. I see it in the generated files, but i haven't it in the psa base.

Where to find it? the only kb method don't cover this problem.

I need to disable suexec to not have this user used.
With suexec activated, vhost are rebuilded with this bad user that i don't find with all the methods given, and so breaks web server configuration.

But i would can use suexec, so to correctly remove this user inconsistency.

I really don't see which solution use...

The second one is that the plesk repair fs utility fails on all repairs proposed (nearly all for webalizer.conf file not found in all domains)...no solutions too...

Thanks of any help.

Last edited:
server with plesk since the version 9
I suppose that it is bad idea to make so many upgrades of Plesk. Looks like that time for fresh Plesk installation is coming.
centos 5.11 OS
JFYI - we are going to drop CentOS5 support soon.

If you can't install fresh Plesk server and perform migration from old, I suggest you contact Plesk Support Team for recovering your ruined Plesk directly on your server. They will help you with migration too.

I would backup all the entire data contained in the site with plesk but there's a lot of data and i haven't other server to temporarly stock it. So a fresh install is impossible for me now.

When does the support of centos 5 will be removed? Cause it could pause problems to lots of server admins for the moment...

I would better repair suexec problem and plesk repair fs problem....

==> STEP 8: Checking for system users home directories consistency...
[INFO] There is missing system user's login or home directory for sys_user_id 28 of hosting with www_root in of domain
[INFO] There is missing Document Root directory for domain on the filesystem for system user
[INFO] There is missing Document Root directory /var/www/vhosts/plesk.namedonainchagedforsecurity/httpdocs for domain on the filesystem for system user userconcernedchangedforsecurity

Back