• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Repair - wordpress web pages not working anymore.

kyrisk

New Pleskian
Hi Everyone ,

I have used plesk repair and now ALL my wordpress pages wont work, for example

I get the error

The page isn’t redirecting properly
An error occurred during a connection to [redacted].

How do I fix these issues?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
A redirect error is normally caused by a mismatch of the web server setting for the "preferred" domain (www/non-www) and the setting the website knows. For example when you set the URL of a Wordpress website to "www. ...", but in your "preferred" domain configuration in the web hosting settings you set it to the non-www spelling, the web server will redirect to the other spelling, the website will redirect to the www spelling, the web server to the non-www again etc.

The same redirect loop can occur with SSL/non-SSL URLs if you have enabled the option to redirect all non-SSL traffic to SSL.

A redirect error is normally caused by a mismatch of the web server setting for the "preferred" domain (www/non-www) and the setting the website knows. For example when you set the URL of a Wordpress website to "www. ...", but in your "preferred" domain configuration in the web hosting settings you set it to the non-www spelling, the web server will redirect to the other spelling, the website will redirect to the www spelling, the web server to the non-www again etc.

The same redirect loop can occur with SSL/non-SSL URLs if you have enabled the option to redirect all non-SSL traffic to SSL.
Thanks for the reply .
I am new to Plex
Is this can be fixed through plesk ? Where shall I go to fix it?
Or is this has to do with apache settings?? Where to fix it?

Also why plesk repair web doesnt fix these issues?

The Plesk repair tool fixes errors in the installation or database, but it cannot fix design or configuration issues of your website.

You need to compare your website's URL and SSL settings in your website's configuration to the "Hosting Settings" URL and SSL settings. "Websites & Domains" > "Hosting and DNS" > "Hosting".

Back