• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Plesk restore failed

simon jiang

New Pleskian
Hello everyone, my mother tongue is not English, please forgive me if I am not clear

Plan to build a backup host (currently using trial version license)
Restore from the source (original host)
Choose to restore all configurations (except for the license key)

Incomplete reduction
Some databases failed to restore

The error message is as follows:
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------
Warning:
Failed to restore the remote database 123-abc (domain eland.org.tw). It cannot be restored for security reasons. Please contact your hosting provider to solve this issue
Warning: Restore domain "abc.com.tw"

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------

May I ask everyone, what are the possible reasons?
What is the solution?

Failed to restore the remote database 123-abc (domain eland.org.tw). It cannot be restored for security reasons. Please contact your hosting provider to solve this issue
It seems that the database already exists.
Create a backup of the database:

# mysqldump -uadmin -pcat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow DB_NAME > DB_NAME.dump.date +%F.%s.sql

Then:

# plesk db

Remove the database:

> drop database DB_NAME;

Repeat domain restoration.

It seems that the database already exists.
Create a backup of the database:

# mysqldump -uadmin -pcat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow DB_NAME > DB_NAME.dump.date +%F.%s.sql

Then:

# plesk db

Remove the database:

> drop database DB_NAME;

Repeat domain restoration.
Thank you for your reply, but the database does not exist.
From the MySQL database list,
Can't find these databases,
Are there any other solutions?

Thank you very much for your reply

Attachments

• MySQL Server List.PNG
    MySQL Server List.PNG
    60.2 KB · Views: 11
Please make sure that you do not see your database in the output of the command:

# plesk db
> show databases;

Please make sure that you do not see your database in the output of the command:

# plesk db
> show databases;
Thank you for your reply, it is indeed related to the database already exists
I just didn’t see it from Plesk UI
Only through SSH and PHPMyadmin did I notice that the database is in

Reasons that caused the restore failure
1. The database already exists
2. The database user already exists

Back