• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk restore missing remote mysql databases in control panel

M

Magumo

Good day,

Due to a serious hardware failure on one of our Linux Plesk servers we ended up restoring the Plesk complete server on new hardware from a backup file. The process went fairly well but on the new server, the remote mysql server that some of the domains used on the old server was not added under

System -> Server -> Database servers

as a result the domains restored and the sites are working but the databases are not attached to the Plesk control panel. In other words the databases although on the remote DB server are not showing under the domain databases in the control panel.

How do I reattach these mysql databases to the control panael to enable my clients to use phpmyadmin again?

Hello,

Take a look at the following Knowledge Base article describing what to do if you restored data from the dump that was made from Plesk CP or using 'pleskbackup' utility, but no databases' content restored:

http://kb.odin.com/en/1681

I hope it will help you.

Regards,
Denis

We ended up going into the psa database and inserting the remote database entries for the database icons to appear.

Thanks Denis.

Back