• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk restore not working

J

Jantje

I've been searching every option I found on google, trying everything but my restore is not workin and always giving me the following error...

Unable to map ip address 10.0.0.120: target ip is missing in map.

the backup has been taken on the same server, I want to restore a single site out of it but it doesn't work...

This is what I did...

taking a backup:

/usr/local/psa/bin/psadump --nostop --nostop-domain --domains-names-skip=/home/skip.txt --do-not-dump-logs -f - | gzip | split -b -b 1000m - /home/backup.

That's working...

Now my restore...

first I did :

cat backup.* | gzip -d | /usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -m /home/ip_file -s /home/sh_file -f -

And I'm getting:

IP's list has been written into the file /home/ip_file
You should indicate IP addresses for mapping by editing that file.

===============================================================================

Check system users shells in dump ... done
Shell's list has been written into the file /home/sh_file
You should indicate shells locations for mapping by editing that file.

so far so good...

Now:

cat backup.* | gzip -d | /usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -m /home/ip_file -s /home/sh_file --single-domain-mode --domain-name mydomain.com --client-login myname --domain-ip 10.0.0.120 -f -

Now I get:

The IP's mapping procedure has been started ...

Unable to map ip address 10.0.0.120: target ip is missing in map.

Whatever I put in /home/ip_file which should be ok, it doesn't work...

This is wat was generated:

10.0.0.120 -> eth0: 10.0.0.120 255.255.255.0 ### shared

Didn't work, I changed it to

10.0.0.120 -> 10.0.0.120

didn't work....

HELP! Please can somebody help me....

Thanks, Jan

I didn't realize it was possible for a backup / restore system to be so rediculously hard to use for the end user until I had to restore a domain for Plesk. I think the programmers sat down and thought:

"hmm ... how can we make our backup / restore system a gigantic pain in the but for our users"

... and then implemented it that way.

Anwyay, I ended up having to re-create the Client and Domain in Plesk, then run this command:

/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore --force -s /root/ps1 -m /root/ps2 -f /root/mydomain.com.dump --clients-logins=/tmp/arrrgggghhh

Where the file /tmp/arrrgggghhh contains the login name for the client in question.

The files /root/ps1 contains the shells map, and the file /root/ps2 containts the ip map.

If it doesn't work for you the first time, try running it twice in a row, because it might have to generate the shells map and ip map, and it will do that if the files don't exsit.

Also, I had to gunzip my .dump file (although I don't recall asking for compression when I made the psadump).

Hope this helps.

Back