• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk Restore

DeanC@

Basic Pleskian
This is about Restore on a Plesk 8.2/CentOS server.

I just did my first backup of a domain to see how it works through the control panel. The backup was created. However, when I click the "Backup" button for that domain, all I see is a "Details" page. There's no clickable "list" of backup files or a "Restore" button -- or any buttons at all. They've all disappeared.

Did I do something wrong, or is there some other step I missed.

Steps for it to work ( I just tried these and it worked)

- login as customer
- click on a domain name
- click on backup
- fill out form (I used local repo)
- backup

- you should now have a backup listed in the file list, click on it and you are presented with file info and a button to restore

Thanks, HostingGuy.

Here's the thing. After I click on "Backup," there's no form to fill out. My choices are:

Backup now
Schedule backup
Upload files to local repository
Refresh

Yes, that's what I did. Just did it again with another domain. Afterwards, clicking on the "Backup" icon gives me a "Details" page, showing the last backup details. But all the icons are gone (no way to backup again or restore).

I think there's something wrong with my installation. Perhaps doing the upgrade to 8.2.1 will fix it.

Thanks!

its also possible that you dont have the "permission" set properly for the client - if you login as the admin user and find the client, and then select permissions there are check boxes for backup

The checkboxes are checked for "Allow backing up and restoring data and use" for both the client and the domain, using either the "control panel's repository" or an "FTP repository."

Back