• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Restore

camsoft

New Pleskian
Hi,

I was recently using a web host that provided a plesk control panel (8.2). I have now changed hosts and my new host is using cpanel. Before I canceled my previous hosting I used the utility pleskbackup to backup everything.

But now I've got my new web host, I can't find anyway to restore my backup file. I have even installed openSUSE 10 on a virtual machine and installed Plesk 8.2 trial but I cannot find the plesk-restore utility, it should be in /usr/local/psa/bin/ but it's not there.

Anyone know how I can restore the sites?

To be honest, all I need are the database dumps as I already have local backups of all the sites html, anybody know how to extract the mysql databases from the plesk back file or can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Ok Guys,

I got a license key from Parallels so that I can have unlimited everything for a week so that I can restore the backup file into a new Plesk installation.

I have restored the entire server and all my accounts and domains have been restored but not the databases. I had databases for a few WordPress sites and phpBB but they have not been restore. Does anyone know why or how to find them in the mime encoded backup file?

All your databases are in: /var/lib/mysql/
You can copy files from there to the new server

Regards

Back