• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Plesk sending BLANK email notifications

Lando California

New Pleskian
Since the upgrade to "Plesk Obsidian 18.0.21 Update #3", all of the "Let's Encrypt" email notifications are blank. Also the empty/blank emails now for some reason are in HTML format (before they were plain text, I think).

How to resolve the blank email issue?

How to switch back to plain-text email format?

Please help, thank you.

Try to do the following:
  1. Go to Tools & Settings > Notifications;

2. Find LetsEncrypt notifications and click Edit button.

3. Click Default button then click OK

Thanks, I set both notifications to "Default" as prescribed. Nothing on screen changed though, the same text/content before and after. Guess will know soon whether it works. Thanks again for the reply.

Just got a new email notification for Let's Encrypt.. the email now is in plain-text format but completely blank/empty. Before with the HTML format emails, there were included a few social media buttons/links (and nothing else). Now after switching to plain-text the email literally is completely empty. Checking the source code shows only the headers.

Anyone know how to resolve the "blank Plesk email" issue?

This Plesk Help Center article will help you out: How to get support directly from Plesk?

I suggest including a link to this thread when opening a support ticket...

Also, in regards to the issue at hand, have you perhaps switched from HTML back to plain text notifications in panel.ini?

Last edited:
Thanks for the help and infos, Ales.

"have you perhaps switched from HTML back to plain text notifications in plesk.ini?"

It is something the web host has done (they are trying to help as well, but so far without success) via the panel.ini file, as per these docs:

Resolved - Plesk Obsidian - how to switch notifications back to plain text
Panel.ini Configuration File

But it's still not working, continue to get blank/empty notifications.

Also, for the Plesk support link, it says that I actually would have to pay for help, which is not worth the hassle for this particular (minor) issue.

In any case, trying to resolve this particular Plesk issue was on a whim, just to see what's involved, how long it would take, etc. It's certainly not the first Plesk issue I've had to live with, and I am sure that it won't be the last.

Again, thanks for your help, Ales.

Back