• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Server SSL Certificate issue

My opinion (and sorry, I know you asked Peter...) is that YES, they should use mail.prodesigner.ch for both SMTP and IMAP/POP3, and I can assure you that it works (I'm using the same kind of configuration, for several domains...)

Only thing I can imagine for why it didn't worked for you, is because your cert wasn't issued for mail.prodesigner.ch but only for prodesigner.ch, www.prodesigner.ch and eventually webmail.prodesigner.ch. If this is the case, just add mail.prodesigner.ch as an alias of prodesigner.ch and request a new cert which include mail.prodesigner.ch too

Edit: when I'm talking about "alias" I'm not meaning a simple CNAME but a domain alias, at Plesk level...

Hi there - Thanks for the great advice on this post. I have an issue which I think is the sam / VERY similar.
I am running a clients domain on my plesk server, when trying to use ms outlook, they are presented with errors referring to an expired plesk cert and NOT the Lets Encrypt cert that is active on their domain. So following your advice I realise that when creating a domain alias I am presented with the option of specifying www.xxxxxxx.com by plesk (pls see attached image). Do I just create an alias www.mail.xxxxxxx.com ?
Should I keep all of the other checkbox option ticked too ?

Thanks in advance all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 5
HI. I am using plesk 12.5. When i try to download SSL certificate there is no plesk option provided in the list. I have asked the support and they said that i should select IIS from the server types. I did that and downloaded the certificates. The certificate is being uploaded but the ca crt is not being uploaded. it says invalid certificate format..what i have seen is that the ca crt which i got is having an extension .p7b instead of .crt.. Can you pls help with this..Clean Master Facebook Lite Mathway

Last edited:
Back