• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk settings / Export / Restore / SID error

Curtis1

Basic Pleskian
Hi
So, Our server OS got corrupted. Not sure how, it just happened tonight.
Fortunately, we set it up that all of our data is on a separate drive. And we use a VM.
Drive "C" is OS
Drive ""D" is Data

So i took an old backup copy of the "C" drive
Attached a current copy of the "D" drive
booted the new setup. It booted fine, sites are hosting, email is working.
EXCEPT
No websites that were added after the backup of "C" are working. the data is on the E drive, plesk cant see it.
Getting various errors.
1) Through plesk, I went to look at the "files" and it gives me an "SID" error. What is that ?
2) I went to update settings, thinking plesk would re-synchronize, and i got a "Error: ProtDirUser_IIS::update() failed: Add Protected Directory user failed: Site '808blahblah.com' does not exist (Error code 1)"

So even though we told PLESK to put ALL DATA on Drive E, it appears that some settings are instead stored on drive C, where the OS is at. All of the data from the sites is sitting in drive E, plesk cant seem to see anything newer than the date of the old backup.

Questions :
1) Is there a way to get plesk to REALLY save all of the plesk settings where we tell it to ? (Drive E) so this does not happen again ?
2) Is there a way to re-sync the newer websites with plesk ?
3) Is there a way to export the plesk settgins from the old (partially corrupted) OS and import them to the new functioning os ?
4) What is the SID reference from plesk ?

Back