• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk shows white Screen nginx not Starting

nginx not starting

• sd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dennis S

New Pleskian
Hello,

i have a big problem with my CentOS 7 Server with Plesk 12.5 on it. Since a few days i cannot login to plesk because i only get a white screen. Now i reed some threads and try somethings out and now my complete website is not showing up.

when i try to start nginx it shows this:

[root@unibuy nginx]# sudo /etc/init.d/nginx start
Starting nginx (via systemctl): Job for nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status nginx.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
[FEHLGESCHLAGEN]
[root@unibuy nginx]# ^C
[root@unibuy nginx]# systemctl status nginx.service
â nginx.service - Startup script for nginx service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Do 2016-09-29 15:26:37 CEST; 1min 16s ago
Process: 10961 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/test $NGINX_ENABLED = yes (code=exited, status=2)

Sep 29 15:26:37 unibuy.de systemd[1]: Starting Startup script for nginx service...
Sep 29 15:26:37 unibuy.de test[10961]: /usr/bin/test: fehlendes Argument hinter ââyesââ
Sep 29 15:26:37 unibuy.de systemd[1]: nginx.service: control process exited, code=exited status=2
Sep 29 15:26:37 unibuy.de systemd[1]: Failed to start Startup script for nginx service.
Sep 29 15:26:37 unibuy.de systemd[1]: Unit nginx.service entered failed state.
Sep 29 15:26:37 unibuy.de systemd[1]: nginx.service failed.

What can i do???

Hi Dennis S,

first pls. be informed, that Pleks uses it's very own webserver called "sw-cp-server". A restart command for this service is done with the command:

service sw-cp-server restart
or use
service psa restart

Pls. post corresponding entries from your log - files, if you would like help from people willing to help you.

Sometimes, it is as well a good idea to change the log - level, to get more informations in psa - log - files:

Second, is there a reason, why you use the start - script as starting command for your service "nginx"? You should use the command "service nginx restart", or "systemctl start nginx", in case that you would like to restart this service.

Third, pls. consider to investigate the shown reason(s) from "systemctl status YOURSERVICENAME.service" and "journalctl -xe", when you experience issues with your start - scripts. In your case it shows:

/usr/bin/test: fehlendes Argument hinter ââyesââ
... which points to a manual edit ( copy&paste ) of your start - script, with invisible formats ( maybe you copied something from a forum, which uses HTML - formats ?!?), or a non-binary upload of your start - script to your server. Pls. try to remember as well, WHAT you manually edited on your server and HOW and consider to provide these informations in case of any issue(s)!

Hello and first i want to say sorry for my bad english i am german...

so to 2nd. i do try to start it manualy because i read so much forums today to get plesk interface running. And yes i do change some script files on server but now i dont know which one most of them was for a timeout settings.. since i do this, my website is still not showing.

The Site is unibuy.de and plesk will be on 8443 on that domain...

I need to know how can i fix that problem without resetting the complete server

OK,

so now ive lookt at my chronic and try to figure out what files i changed. Now i got another problem.

Plesk Interface still not working but now in my Browser it shows:

504 Gateway Time-out
nginx

and my domain http://unibuy.de/ shows the Default Parallels Plesk Page. Im sure that in the folder /var/www/vhosts/unibuy.de/httpdocs are my shopfiles but the domain show plesk default page.

1st of all its important to get my shop back on unibuy.de - where can i search to fix this problem?

So i try plesk repair web unibuy.de
and it gives no response

[root@unibuy nginx]# plesk repair web unibuy.de
<- cursor blinkin here and nothing happend

#plesk repair web unibuy.de
will restore the default configuration for the unibuy.de-subscription and is a good guess to fix the issue, unless you have applied individual configuration changes to Apache or Ningx behavior that could interfere with Plesk defaults.

this is the answer from my server when i do plesk installer install-all-updates

Code:
Installing packages
Geladene Plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Delta RPMs disabled because /usr/bin/applydeltarpm not installed.
pp12.5.30-bootstrapper-12.5.30-cos7.build1205160608.10.x | 260 kB     00:00
Transaktionsüberprüfung wird ausgeführt
Warnung: RPMDB wurde auÃerhalb von yum verändert.
Aktualisieren: pp12.5.30-bootstrapper-12.5.30-cos7.build1205160608.10.x86_64 [1/2]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/rpmtrans.py", line 464, in callback
    self._unInstStop( bytes, total, h )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/rpmtrans.py", line 564, in _unInstStop
    self.total_actions)
  File "/usr/local/psa/bin/yum_install", line 29, in event
    print msg
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)
FATAL ERROR: python callback <bound method RPMTransaction.callback of <yum.rpmtrans.RPMTransaction instance at 0x2d4cd88>> failed, aborting!

ERROR: Failed to run the Yum utility.
The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.
exit status 1

OK Guys,

very thank you for all... my plesk interface work and my webshop is online...

What i do was

1st. plesk installer install-all-updates
2nd. plesk repair web mydomain.de

now all works fine.

Back