• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Plesk Slow when port 8880 blocked by firewall.

N

Nick Mitchell

I have figured out that webpages load very slowly when port 8880 is not NAT'd in our firewall. When I open this port everything runs fast and great. However, as a security measure we do not wish to leave this open for obvious security reasons. Is there a known fix for this. I have spent the last few hours searching but have not found anything relevant.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I figured it out. It was JavaScript in the default Plesk page source that called the server on port 8880. Not sure what it does just removed it from the source and all is well.

Back