• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk so slow after update to 17.5.3

bsher

New Pleskian
Hi, I have updated my plesk version from 12.x to 17.5.3 ,
Now the system is so slow that it is in an unusable state, one click even in phpmyadmin takes 30 sec to happen.
I know plesk doesn't support downgrading, but there should be something that i can do about this
i even tried to send a ticket with a system report and it returned time out !

Note: I am using CentOS 6.9 (Final)‬

Note: I tried plesk repair web -y -v and the result was "Error messages: 0; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0"

I attached the error_log which exists in /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log
Any help will be appreciated

Attachments

• error_log.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi bsher,

as there are several issues/errors/problems with "sw-engine.sock", did you consider to RESTART the Plesk webserver "sw-cp-server" and it's PHP-FPM service??

Code:
service sw-cp-server restart
or
Code:
/etc/init.d/sw-cp-server restart

Code:
service sw-engine restart
or
Code:
/etc/init.d/sw-engine restart

... or to restart ALL Plesk related services:
Code:
service psa restart

Pls. note, that your used command "plesk repair web -y -v" helps to solve issues with webserver related configurations for your hosted domains, which has got nothing to do with the Plesk own webserver "sw-cp-server". If you desire to repair your Plesk installation, you would use the command:
Code:
plesk repair installation -y -v

Hi bsher,

as there are several issues/errors/problems with "sw-engine.sock", did you consider to RESTART the Plesk webserver "sw-cp-server" and it's PHP-FPM service??

Code:
service sw-cp-server restart
or
Code:
/etc/init.d/sw-cp-server restart

Code:
service sw-engine restart
or
Code:
/etc/init.d/sw-engine restart

... or to restart ALL Plesk related services:
Code:
service psa restart

Pls. note, that your used command "plesk repair web -y -v" helps to solve issues with webserver related configurations for your hosted domains, which has got nothing to do with the Plesk own webserver "sw-cp-server". If you desire to repair your Plesk installation, you would use the command:
Code:
Actually yes I tried
Code:
service psa restart
also
Code:
but still nothing helped .
Any other ideas ?

and after using the second one i am getting this now when trying to enter phpmyadmin..
Code:
You probably did not create a configuration file. You might want to use the setup script to create one.

Ah i swear i am so tired of this , one update just paused all my work..

Last edited:
Hi bsher,

Any other ideas ?
Well, I have to admit, that you need further investigations and you should keep in mind, that often enough hardware and server configuration could be the root cause of your described issue. Investigating the "panel.log" in "debug - level - mode" can as well help to find issues/errors/problems and you could consider to search for hardware, software issues, which could prevent the Plesk Control Panel to work as expected ( => "/var/log" )

I'm sorry that I can't help you more here, as further suggestions and recommendations really need deeper investigations on your server. :(

Hi bsher,

Well, I have to admit, that you need further investigations and you should keep in mind, that often enough hardware and server configuration could be the root cause of your described issue. Investigating the "panel.log" in "debug - level - mode" can as well help to find issues/errors/problems and you could consider to search for hardware, software issues, which could prevent the Plesk Control Panel to work as expected ( => "/var/log" )

I'm sorry that I can't help you more here, as further suggestions and recommendations really need deeper investigations on your server. :(

Thanks for your help I think I am leaving it to the hosting company now since their excuse was plesk 17.5 is heavy and buggy which proves what you said it is a hardware problem and they just don't want to admit it
Thanks alot have a good day

Last edited:
Hi bsher,

You probably did not create a configuration file. You might want to use the setup script to create one.
Is this the FIRST time, that you experience this error?
Which link did you use, to login to the PHPmyAdmin - Interface?
What issues/errors/problems are documented at the "panel.log" and/or ".../sw-cp-server/error_log"

Did you consider to increase the log - level as suggested above to get a more decent output in your "panel.log" ?

Hi bsher,

Is this the FIRST time, that you experience this error?
Which link did you use, to login to the PHPmyAdmin - Interface?
What issues/errors/problems are documented at the "panel.log" and/or ".../sw-cp-server/error_log"

Did you consider to increase the log - level as suggested above to get a more decent output in your "panel.log" ?
thanks alot It just got fixed by it self :)
I mean the phpmyadmin error

Back