• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk sometimes display website content / sometime default page

FloAT

New Pleskian
Hi everyone,

We encounter a strange behaviour on a website.
Tu website is Pareli

Plesk alternatively display the website contant / Plesk Server Default Page...

What I've checked :

• DNS
  • vhosts

Do you have any idea ?

Best
FlorianCapture d’écran 2021-09-06 à 10.17.07.pngCapture d’écran 2021-09-06 à 10.17.04.png

Your domain is running on one IP, but your nameservers are by OVH and have a different IP. The SOA of the nameservers is extremely long, 3.6 mio seconds, which is like "forever". Is it correct that you are using and want to use OVH nameservers for the domain?

Your domain is running on one IP, but your nameservers are by OVH and have a different IP. The SOA of the nameservers is extremely long, 3.6 mio seconds, which is like "forever". Is it correct that you are using and want to use OVH nameservers for the domain?
Thanks for the answer,

Yes I’m using OVH nameservers.
Shall I use mine ? I mean use my Plesk NS ?

It’s not mandatory to use OVH nameservers, I can change if needed ;-)

You'll be fine with the existing nameservers. Your nameserver entries look correct, but you should verify that the IP set there is the one that your website is hosted on.

Are there additional websites hosted on the same server? Could it be possible that other users are reconfiguring their domains? I am asking, because this can lead to temporary removal of existing virtual host entry links in the web server configuration. While the links have not yet been rebuilt, the web server would display its default page.

You'll be fine with the existing nameservers. Your nameserver entries look correct, but you should verify that the IP set there is the one that your website is hosted on.

Are there additional websites hosted on the same server? Could it be possible that other users are reconfiguring their domains? I am asking, because this can lead to temporary removal of existing virtual host entry links in the web server configuration. While the links have not yet been rebuilt, the web server would display its default page.
Ok.
Yes, 5 others websites are working fine on this server. Without any problem…

I am the only user, so all configuration should be the same.. I absolutely don’t get what is wrong with this one.

How can I check my links in the web server configuration?

When the issue occurs, I suggest to look into these directories:
/etc/apache2/conf/plesk.conf.d/vhosts
/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/vhosts
whether a symbolic link to the domain configuration file of your domain exists.

Also, while the issue occurs, check the Linux processes whether a reconfiguration is going on, e.g.
# ps aux | grep mng

And also look into /var/www/vhosts/system/<your domain>/conf if the httpd.conf and nginx.conf files for the domain exist.

When the issue occurs, I suggest to look into these directories:
/etc/apache2/conf/plesk.conf.d/vhosts
/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/vhosts
whether a symbolic link to the domain configuration file of your domain exists.

Also, while the issue occurs, check the Linux processes whether a reconfiguration is going on, e.g.
# ps aux | grep mng

And also look into /var/www/vhosts/system/<your domain>/conf if the httpd.conf and nginx.conf files for the domain exist.
Peter,

Thanks for your answer.

I'v checked all your suggestions below, all seems well configured... Still facing the same issue.

I definitely fixed that.
Just needed to reload Apache, from the admin panel ....

Tools -> Services -> Apache [Reload]

Back