• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk SSL Certificate Update

E

Eric Merkel

I am running Plesk 8.6 on Centos 5 and I am having an issue renewing or updating the SSL cert for the management login for Plesk.

I went under the Server / Certificates to the certificate I installed originally installed for this server. I then uploaded the renewed certificate and CA certificate and replaced the old certs. Following this I restarted Apache from the Service Management tab but the certificate did not update. I then did a "service psa stop" and "service psa stop" to restart the control panel. Still no luck. It shows the old certificate in the browser. However, when I look in the control panel it appears to be the proper key that I downloaded from GoDaddy after renewing.

Any ideas on what I am missing?

Thanks,
Eric

Any one have an idead on this? It is showing the new cert in the control panel but when I open up a browser to the login site, it is still showing the old cert?

-Eric

Hey Eric,

If your setup is fine according to documentation ! you don't need to worry about. I also had hard time with SSL. But don't worry..

Give it some time.. it could be because of several reasons and big reason is CACHE...

try some of these :
clear your browser history,
flush your dns. ipconfig /flushdns
if you can shutdown your dsl.. and start after a while..
or ask one of your friend to check it from his end.. from different location

if you don't want to go thorugh these hasseles..

give this a break for 3 to 4 hours.. it will works..

this's happened to me several times..

Good luck..

Hi, i'm having lots of trouble installing SSL certificate on plesk 8.2, for a domain. It keeps displaying error certificate (plesk default expired). The installation went fine. I have the SSL certificate reissued several times. I've restarted and stop and start plesk. I verified the ip exclusif domain and selected it. www.matrixserver.us (Repository of domain matrixserver.us) is clearly selected. Do i delete the default certificate? And if i do what happenes to the shared ip ssl certificate?

Best Regards

Luigi

Back