1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk SSL

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jefwic, Feb 18, 2007.

1. jefwic

jefwic Guest

2. phatpixel

phatpixel Guest

It definitely *is* possible, we have our control panels configured this way.

We originally had this set up back when we were using Plesk 7.5; but were initially told that it wasn't possible due to the Virtuozzo integration on Plesk 8.

However, the techs at the datacentre did manage to work out a way to achieve it and it all works very nicely for us now.

I'll ask them to explain how they managed it...

3. jefwic

jefwic Guest

That would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

4. phatpixel

phatpixel Guest

I quizzed the tech about it and in his own words, "To be honest, I do not remember. I know there is a setting in the management console for it."

Sorry I couldn't offer more insight on this one, but hopefully this might point you in the right direction.

5. Dmitry Frantsev

Dmitry Frantsev Golden Pleskian

57%
    For this you need, first of all add certificate into Server -> Certificates section, after that check it there and click on Setup. For more information you can read Plesk documentation here:
    http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.1/Doc/plesk-8.1-unix-administrators-guide/index.htm -> Configuring Your Control Panel -> Securing Your Control Panel

6. phatpixel

phatpixel Guest

The link you've provided explains how to install a server-wide certificate in Plesk (I was assuming jefwic had already done this, so well spotted!)

Unfortunately it doesn't cover how to replace the default certificate with your own purchased certificate for the control panel on port 8443. I'm also interested to know how to do this given that our tech can't recall what he did to get ours working.

7. kieranjones

kieranjones Guest

Currently my Plesk uses it's own certificate that I bought.

All I did was install the certificate from Server >> Certificates and then set it as the default certificate for the IP for the domain.

See as I have it so that clients type domain.com/plesk to get to plesk (This redirects to a subdomain on my main domain with :8443 on the end it means all customers get a valid SSL certificate without it being on every single domain as the default.

Does that make sense? I'm not so great with explaining.

8. Herby

Herby Guest

Its also written in the onlinehelp:

Install the cert in the Servercerts.

Mark the cert and hit the SETUP button.

Ready.

HTH