1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Static IP -- Name Server Too

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by stegels1000, May 7, 2006.

1. stegels1000

stegels1000 Guest

Hi All,
    I am new to plesk, but does plesk also use my static ip address as a name server (the ip that I have installed plesk on), as I noted it uses bind, but when I go to a register and attempt to place this static ip address, server name as the domain's name server, it is listed as an invalid server.

I have to name servers listed but I cannot seem to add this one using plesk to the other name servers, on msdns, any ideas? Whenever I do, nslookup replies with conflicting red fails.

Any help...
    Thanks,

Well, I got the above situation straight by changing Bind to MSDNS within Plesk, and now this name server is registered as well at nslookup.

However, new issue. I cannot get webmail.mydomain.com to work, as I keep receiving "cannot find server page" and "this page cannot be displayed." Does anyone know why? I was supposing it may have been because I do not actually have my real license, as I just purchased Plesk yesterday and am still relying on the demo license. Does anyone know how long before I get my real license? I have written swsoft a couple of times via email already.

Thanks in advance, i will be waiting and checking this tread...

stegels1000