• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Static IP -- Name Server Too

S

stegels1000

Hi All,
I am new to plesk, but does plesk also use my static ip address as a name server (the ip that I have installed plesk on), as I noted it uses bind, but when I go to a register and attempt to place this static ip address, server name as the domain's name server, it is listed as an invalid server.

I have to name servers listed but I cannot seem to add this one using plesk to the other name servers, on msdns, any ideas? Whenever I do, nslookup replies with conflicting red fails.

Any help...
Thanks,

Well, I got the above situation straight by changing Bind to MSDNS within Plesk, and now this name server is registered as well at nslookup.

However, new issue. I cannot get webmail.mydomain.com to work, as I keep receiving "cannot find server page" and "this page cannot be displayed." Does anyone know why? I was supposing it may have been because I do not actually have my real license, as I just purchased Plesk yesterday and am still relying on the demo license. Does anyone know how long before I get my real license? I have written swsoft a couple of times via email already.

Thanks in advance, i will be waiting and checking this tread...

stegels1000

Back