• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Subscription payment methods for users in India

varoon

New Pleskian
Hi, I need to purchase a License on Plesk for 1 year.

My Paypal and Creditcard (HDFC) is declined due to recent RBI rules in INDIA.
All Banks "does not" support Recurring/Subscription payments from INDIA
Is there an option to pay a one-time method Or how do I purchase Plesk license? any alternative solution?

"Plesk includes an integration with billing software such as WHMCS, HostBill, BILLmanager, and Blesta," the Plesk documentation states. What are users of Plesk's experiences with these? Votes for or against, or should I flee in terror?

I do not understand. can you provide some steps? should i create a "HostBill / BILL manager" account to purchase a Plesk license ?

I'm still not able to purchase a license using my Paypal or Creditcard. auto cancels from the bank.
Asking my friends in the US to purchase for me instead.

Why do plesk request as a "Subscription payment"?

Need a solution for INDIAN users.

Hi @varoon, thank you for your post. Indeed, due to strict financial regulations of India, users from India experience issues with payments through our payment and subscription service provider Cleverbridge. All involved parties are aware of the issue, but it is not trivial, because it is all caused by government regulations. As a responsible company, Plesk fully complies with all government regulations.

Instead, we kindly ask you to select the payment type "wire transfer" on the Cleverbridge payment options or - if available - use a card from a non-Indian bank. Your proposed solution to ask a family member or a friend from another country to purchase the subscription for you, will also work well.

Plesk and Cleverbridge will continue to work on solving this issue, but for now this is the best we can do for you.

"subscription payment": A Plesk license is considered a "subscription", because it is not a perpetual license. For that reason it is much cheaper now than the control panel licences that were available for purchase in the 90s. You can choose monthly or annual duration, while the annual subscription yields a strong discount.

Thanks for the detailed update. I understand.

But If there was an option like "one-time" payment. then RBI has no issues.
Basically, I can purchase each month end!

Thanks for the detailed update. I understand.

But If there was an option like "one-time" payment. then RBI has no issues.
Basically, I can purchase each month end!

Thank you for this detail. I have forwarded your suggestion to someone responsible for consideration. At the moment however we are unable to make any changes to the subscription process.

Thanks for the intimation!

Update:

I requested this issue on a contact form:

I received a diffetnet link in the email :

Example: (part from the email)
1) We have changed the payment option to PayPal (without Billing Agreement). You can make the payment by clicking HERE.

This worked via Paypal itself :)

*Hope this helps others who have issues like me!

Thank you for your feedback, @varoon. So what they obviously did is to remove the recurring payment from the process manually. We'll continue to work on a lasting solution that can do it automatically or another solution that leads to similar results.

Back