• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk suexec

G

Gorgon@

Anyone know what the settings are for the Plesk version of suexec? The -V switch does not work for the plesk version.

I'm trying to debug what looks like a umask issue and it would help if I knew the default umask in suexec (if any).

Thanks,
mikeS

I got an answer from sw-soft. The plesk version of suexec is not compiled with a umask setting. So it is possible to set a default umask in the apache startup file. Exactly how you do this will depend on your flavor or Linux/UNIX.

M

I have tried the umask setting in the apachectl start script and it made no difference =/

Hi WaDavid,

I have found that with suexec in general the umask setting is a pain in the !#$. When possible, try to set the umask in the script itself. In cases where that is not possible, I sometimes setup a cronjob to correct file permissions. Yes it's a major work around but it does work. :)

Hope that helps

Back