• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk throttling web traffic

Imad S

New Pleskian
Hey,

I'm running a custom application on a server with plesk 11.5. The client complains that the website stops loading while adding content to the system, this does not happen everyday though. The application is a news publishing system so data entry is pretty intensive. The problem is that this doesn't seem to effect everyone, examining external uptime reports does not show any evidence of the problem either.
This leads me to suspect that plesk is throttling connections to the IP from which our client is logging on, any idea how I can fix this problem?

On high traffic CGi stands higher chances of crashing as opposed to PHP as an Apache module. I would however recommend that you look at the logs for that period when there site was down while editing to see the exact cause of problems ..

could you let me know which logs to look at?

Secondly, the apache uptime monitor does not report an outtage during the window the client did.

Code:
tail -f /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/logs/error_log
tail -f /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/logs/access_log

^thanks

Error logs report the following:

Code:
mod_fcgid: can't apply process slot for /var/www/cgi-bin/cgi_wrapper/cgi_wrapper
Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
Premature end of script headers: index.php

I've got hundreds of lines of these in there.

Here's my fcgid.conf, completely stock never been edited

Code:
LoadModule fcgid_module modules/mod_fcgid.so

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>

<IfModule !mod_fastcgi.c>
    AddHandler fcgid-script fcg fcgi fpl
</IfModule>

FcgidIPCDir /var/run/mod_fcgid/sock
  FcgidProcessTableFile /var/run/mod_fcgid/fcgid_shm

FcgidInitialEnv RAILS_ENV production

FcgidIdleTimeout 3600
FcgidIdleScanInterval 480
FcgidBusyTimeout 1800
FcgidBusyScanInterval 480
FcgidZombieScanInterval 12
FcgidErrorScanInterval 12
FcgidProcessLifeTime 0

# Change the rate at which new FastCGI processes are spawned under load. Higher=faster
FcgidSpawnScoreUpLimit 10

# Higher number = spawning more FastCGI processes decreases the spawn rate (controls runaway
FcgidSpawnScore 1

# Higher number = terminating FastCGI processes decreases the spawn rate (controls runaway)
FcgidTerminationScore 2

# Increase the FastCGI max request length for large file uploads (needed for some sites)
FcgidMaxRequestLen 1073741824

FcgidMaxRequestsPerProcess 100000
#FcgidMinProcessesPerClass 3
FcgidMaxProcessesPerClass 4
FcgidMaxProcesses 16
FcgidIOTimeout 1800

Server specs:
Code:
Processor: AMD Opteron 3280 Octacore
RAM: 24GB
HDD: 2x2TB Sata
Plesk Vr: 11.5