• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk timezone issues

D

Dan F

Hi guys,

I am having a bit of a nightmare! I recently ran 'yum upgrade' and also updated Plesk through the upgrade manager, and now I have the 9.2.2 version.

Since doing this, the timezone on my system has been totally wrong. It jumped from UTC to EDT, and I successfully sorted that out. My system `date` now returns UTC correctly.

Inside Plesk, if I use the Server -> System time and select GMT from the list, it reverts my `date` to EDT (?!), yet if I use 'UTS' it puts it back to UTC in `date`.

Since doing this, I've been having problems with PHP too which is causing major issues for us.

If I use:

PHP:
echo gmdate('Y-m-d H:i:s');
echo date('Y-m-d H:i:s', strtotime('2009-10-15 01:44:55'));

I correctly get the same timezone (no major differences).

However, a datetime from mysql formatted like ".date('M d H:i:s Y', strtotime($myrow['dateadded']))." is adding on 4 hrs..? The datetime in the SQL database is *correct*.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to resolve this?

Thank you.

Hello,

Please clarify what commands you were using to fix the issue with timezones after the update.

Back