• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Update 18.0.50 Problem phpmyadmin repair

drdna

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.50 Update #2
Hello all, i have had a problem updating to new version.
Install was stuck, then i repaired isntallation.
18.0.50 #2 works fine i think, but on repair log there is this entry:

***** problem report *****
Warning: phpMyAdmin was configured without configuration storage in database

User and pmadb is emtpy /opt/psa/phpMyAdmin/config.plesk.php

/* User used to manipulate with storage */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlhost'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlport'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = '';
/* Storage database and tables */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb'] = '';
Is it a problem or not, when it is a problem how to fix?

Thanks

Hi @drdna, this is a new, but already known product issue that occurs after running repair installation. phpMyAdmin as delivered by Plesk needs to be reinstalled. This is not a one-step task. I suggest that you let a support engineer do it for you. Please open a ticket with Plesk support and hand them these three data:
Link to this thread: Issue - Plesk Update 18.0.50 Problem phpmyadmin repair
Issue ID: PPPM-13902
KB article: 10016539669778
That should make it a swift process for them to fix it directly on your machine or to provide all steps necessary.

In case you bought your license from a reseller, please use the trial period from the optional support subscription to submit the ticket:

Hi @drdna,

Yes you can follow that article to reinstall phpMyAdmin. Make sure to follow it completely including deleting the SQL user account listed for the reinstall to be successful.

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.51:
Running the plesk repair installation command on a Plesk server with phpMyAdmin installed no longer breaks phpMyAdmin configuration. (PPPM-13902)

This does not work for me i'm afraid.. when following the tutorial at https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12377717512983 I get
Code:
ERROR while trying to execute SQL query, the query was: CREATE USER 'phpmyadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'xxxxx'

But i also cannot manually create the user following the part of "if the above didn't help" section. So in the end it still does not work and can't login to plesk admin..

What part of the instructions did not work and what part of the "if the above didn't help" section does not work?

Hi Peter,

During the last step 8 reinstall phpmyadmin: i got the error
ERROR while trying to execute SQL query, the query was: CREATE USER 'phpmyadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'xxxxx'

So then i checked for the config.plesk.php file which was not there. Started the part "if steps above did not help"

did everything but step 5, create the corresponding user fails with following reponse:

ERROR 1396 (HY000): Operation CREATE USER failed for 'phpmyadmin'@'localhost'

Listing the users in mysql does not show this user.. so why can't i create it?

Then I just updated the config.plesk.php with some other user, i created that user and granted all permissions.

But then it still does not work? I mean plesk is running but i can't access the admin at 8443

Do i need to run repair again?

Running repair again gives me now this again:

=> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller (final stage) has been completed.

Dropping phpMyAdmin '' DB and '' DB user

Warning: phpMyAdmin was configured without configuration storage in database

I think it will be best if you create a support ticket as its a complex matter. If it cannot be solved by standard steps, someone needs to look into it on your machine.

Back