• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Update: Can't connect to backend: No such file or directory

Erwan

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

Under Plesk 12.5, when we want a plesk update, we have this message in the window:

Can't connect to backend: No such file or directory

How can we reinit ou change this?
We don't have found any solution on the web...

Attachments

• plesk_update.png
    plesk_update.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 13
Try to use following command in CLI for Plesk update and fix this issue:

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

No errors with the commande but the problem still here.

File downloading PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/MU28/common/PMM/schemas/pmm_api_xml_protocols.xsd: completed.
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/MU28/common/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli.py: completed.
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/MU29/common/admin/plib/constants.php3: completed.
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/MU29/common/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Application/Wordpress/Abstract.php: completed.
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/MU29/common/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Exception.php: completed.
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/MU29/common/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Config/Defaults.php: completed.
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/MU30/dist-rpm-CentOS-6-x86_64/sslmng.py: completed.
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/MU30/dist-rpm-CentOS-6-x86_64/http2_pref: completed.
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/MU30/common/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Controller/Helper/Module.php: completed.
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/MU30/common/admin/plib/ExtendedServerInfo.php: completed.
Trying to start service mysqld... mysqld (pid 8391) en cours d'ex▒cution...
done
Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
STOP update_history
Patches were installed successfully.

[root@w350 ~]#

I've come across a similar issue. When attempting an update through Plesk (Tools & Setttings > Updates and Upgrades) I get the following issue (attached screenshot).

I did a lookup of autoinstaller.plesk.com and it reported the cname entry as an odin.net address. Both odin.com and odin.net do not resolve for me at this time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 12.06.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 12.06.36 PM.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 23
I did a lookup of autoinstaller.plesk.com
Correct name of this host is autoinstall.plesk.com
For correct resolving this hostname you can just add line like

93.184.221.133 autoinstall.plesk.com

to your /etc/hosts file.

Since this week I have the same problem.
Code:
plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
Doesn't bring a solution.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-18 um 14.24.47.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-18 um 14.24.47.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 5
Hello,
We have never had the solution to this problem...
We no longer use Plesk on the relevant server.

Back