• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Update corrupts Nginx Config

TimReeves

Regular Pleskian
Twice it's happened - an automatic Plesk update has left Nginx non-functional, and my whole webserver thus effectively down. Thats bad.

At the start of August an Update deleted all the symbolic links in /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/vhosts. I had to regenerate them by turning "Process PHP by nginx" in "Web Server Settings" on and then off again. Another way would have been to manually create them (but I hate the syntax of "ln" for SymLinks).

At this point I should add that I'm using Plesk/Nginx in a rather special way. If one sets "Process PHP by nginx" to "On", then the Plesk Config contains a "location ~ \.php(/.*)?$ {" without any try_files, which means that attacks create a huge log from PHP-FPM, in which real problems get overseen. Further, a "location ~ /$ { index index.html ... }" which clobbers WordPress Permalinks. So I set "Process PHP by nginx" to "Off" but then pass PHP-Files to PHP-FPM in my own Nginx.conf, which I can now tailor to exactly how I need it. But still, that should not cause links or files to disappear during Plesk updates!

Then about 10 days ago, an Update simply deleted the Nginx Config file which I had registered under "Web Server Settings" / "Additional nginx directives" as "include "/var/www/vhosts/.../owncloud/owncloud.conf";". But only that one file - another domain on the host was not affected. What on earth can be going on?

Thanks for any help!

Back