• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Update dependics

Same problem here with two servers:

Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #82 Debian 8.11 The panel can't be updated as I received the error described
Plesk 12.5.30 Update #79, Debian 8.4‬ The panel can't be updated as I received the error described

And I don't know what to do....

I resolve this problem:

cd /var/lib/dpkg/info
sudo rm libapache2-modsecutity.*
sudo apt-get -f install

During install I no overwrite config.

Hi, thanks for sharing your solution.

Whoever I want to know if there will be an official solution. Thank you.

@SalvadorS

It should have been solved already.

If you are working with a system that is a bit "messy" due to various attempts to solve the problem ..... it might help to uninstall ModSec and reinstall ModSec.

Anyway, if you still have the problem, please provide some additional information -log output in particular- in order to allow the community to give sound advice!

Kind regards.....

Same problem here. ubuntu 14.
Any can help?

Hi Marcio,

I'm using Ubuntu 14, I did to solve the problem:

I reinstalled the package:
# dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libapache2-mod-security2_2.7.7-2_amd64.deb
It was sufficient for finishing 'aum' configuration.
After that, the Plesk update was completed without issues:
# plesk installer update
Patches were installed successfully.
The changes were applied successfully.
# plesk -v
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #53
Update date: 2019/11/21 12:45

Kind regards
Iuri Carvalho

@Janko1000 @GaMa @jcarty @Dennis_CKA @Redis Kostalli @Jonic @Failure404 @Florian Hoeck @ManuelGDot @papak @CDerksen

Solution has been provided by Plesk Team with Micro-Update 68 (MU #68).

Please update, by preference via the command : plesk sbin autoinstaller (this will get everything updated properly).

Please note that you have to reactivate WAF as soon as you have applied MU #68 - otherwise, your WAF (read: ModSecurity) is not activated at all.

Regards........

When I run this command it will install plesk again, I want to install only the MU68, how to do that?

Cannot thank you enough IgorG. Your lib.... download file finally got me over the problem after much googling.

For reference. I was upgrading a Ubuntu 14.04 LTS to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Plesk Onyx 17.8

Also you can try to use the following workaround:

Workaround (for those that are already broken; don't want to disable rule updates; or want to install tortix/atomic rule set in the first place):
  1. Download the attached empty package libapache2-mod-security2_2.9.0-2_amd64.deb
  2. Install it: dpkg -i libapache2-mod-security2_2.9.0-2_amd64.deb
  3. Fix package system consistency: apt-get install -f
  4. Re-enable rule set in Plesk UI if initial failure was on installation rather than update
Note that this instruction is for Debian 8 and Ubuntu 16.04 only.

Back