• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Activating/updating Atomicorp ruleset (ModSecurity) results in "unmet dependencies" error

King555

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS x64
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.56 Update #1 web admin edition
I'm trying to activate the Atomicorp (basic) ruleset in ModSecurity within Plesk. I got several different error messages within the last months (and I was not the only one, there are many threads about problems), but meanwhile it seems that this is the only message which prevents me from using the Atomicorp ruleset (Comodo works great, but I don't like it):

Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libapache2-modsecurity-plesk : Conflicts: libapache2-mod-security2

This is from the log file which is created by the "aum" program.

Is it because Ubuntu 18 is not supported anymore? Plesk has been updated to the latest version today and I already removed and reinstalled ModSecurity. Any ideas?

I guess that third-party repositories exist on the server that are incompatible.
If that is the case, one solution might be to
  1. Login to the server via SSH
  2. Check if any 3rdpary repositories are enabled. Disable the according to https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213367169
  3. Remove "libapache2-modsecurity" package from the system:
    # dpkg -P --force-all libapache2-modsecurity
  4. Execute below command to configure packages:
    # apt-get -f install
  5. Reinstall manually Plesk updates:
    # plesk installer update --repatch

Probably you mean "libapache2-mod-security2" instead of "libapache2-modsecurity" (because the first one is in my error message). But no matter whether I use dpkg or apt to remove "libapache2-mod-security2", this package is not installed (this is also the case for "libapache2-modsecurity"). Installed is only "libapache2-modsecurity-plesk".

My "/etc/apt/sources.list" contains more entries than mentioned in the support article, but all entries look like the official Ubuntu entries, definitely no 3rd-party entries.

"apt-get -f install" does nothing (nothing to do).

Back