• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Plesk Update: ERROR while trying to detect MySQL service name

Sphin

New Pleskian
Hi,

my plesk does not install updates, it breaks with:

ERROR while trying to detect MySQL service name
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.5.30_installation.log), fix and try again

Trying to check the error reason in the installation.log I found that there is only this error repeated with no further information about any reason.

I tried already https://kb.plesk.com/en/128307 but I then only get the error that /etc/init.d/functions does not exist.

Plesk: 12.5.30

Thanks, Sphin

No, I don't have. Therefore I thought the article of plesk kb could be the solution. I think as Ubuntu does not use the init-Scripts for mysql control this file is missing. Should it be linked to another one?

It should be there and it is solution. Looks like mysql packages are not correctly installed or corrupted.

OMG, it was installed from an 1&1 image ... :) But don't mind, many thanks for your fast reply! I will search for an init script of another 14.04 installation...

Hello,

I am facing the same problem.. i do see the folder "mysql" in black and red color (attached) but every time i run autoupdate of start/stop (
/etc/init.d/psa stop)

Error

ERROR while trying to detect MySQL service name
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/psa_service.log), fix and try again

Any help is appriciate.. I am really new to this 1and1 cloud server..

Attachments

• Screenshot at May 24 18-53-11.png
    Screenshot at May 24 18-53-11.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 5
Back