• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Updates and Upgrades Page Times Out

Jolene MacFadden

New Pleskian
I have been trying to add BIND to my VPS Centos6 server and the manual says I have to go to the Plesk Updates and Upgrades Page but it just times out and says my server is unavailable. I looked through the forum and the only suggestion was that port 8447 wasn't open. I checked my Firewall settings and everything is set to open while I try to figure stuff out.

I finally got to a command line program using Putty with SSH and when I put in the command to start the service it states it is not there? Any suggestions????

Jolene - very new newbie

Whats the output of your resolv.conf file?
Code:
cat /etc/resolv.conf
I just had an issue where I forgot to have DNS servers listed in mine. Causing the web GUI to add/remove/update components to not work.

never mind. I decided to re-image my server one more time and magically the Updates and Upgrades page worked and I was able to add ALL of the features for Plesk 12...WHOO HOOOOOO!

Back