• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Updates Panel shows wrong components

Servus

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
tonight I made the updates over Plesk updates/upgrades panel. All except 1 were installed. To get the last one, I made over CLI as root:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base
and
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
Crazy things happened then!
In Plesk Updates/Upgrades was shown that no PHP version except PHP 7.1.5 by OS vendor seems to be installed. Also some other components I had installed months ago like Firewall, Troubleshooter, Phusion Passenger server, PHP 7.3, PHP 7.2 are marked for installation ???? Not by me! But by the system.
In real, in Plesk Panel, they are successful running and shown like normal. So there is a big difference between Plesk Panel and Plesk Updates/Upgrades Panel/site.
I'm not sure to install them (again) over the Updates Panel because then I possibly overwrite the real installations and break them.
What shall I do now?

View attachment 15374 or in my next post in full size

Last edited:
Thank you for answering and advice. I just did it but without success. It's crazy that from the displayed components there is NO PHP and NO PLESK running on the whole server. In real we know that must be a wrong display. How to fix it?
Greets

2.jpg

Last edited:
It seems strange, because in the server components list you should be able to identify the components that are actually running. The installer uses the same database and information, I don't see why it should show anything different. I doubt that it will help, but you can try a refresh from the command line
# plesk sbin packagemng -sdf
You should also try to clear all browser cookies and "reload"/"refresh" the Plesk upgrade page to make sure that you are seeing the live content and not something that is coming from a cache.
If this does not help, you'll probably need to open a support ticket with Plesk.

Thank you @Peter Debik for help.
To clear browser cache is what I do everytime I have problems with internet sites, apps, my communities, and more. This is always the first and best idea. Thx.
Sorry, the refreshing by command line didn't fix it.
In Plesk Updates/Upgrades always updates are shown. But if I run Plesk installer (upgrades site) the following is shown since yesterday (every time I run it):
Code:
Installation started in background
Auflösung der Paketabhängigkeiten wird geprüft.
Pakete werden installiert
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
pp17.8.11-bootstrapper is already the newest version (17.8.11-ubuntu18.04.build1708180920.15).
sw-engine-cli-2.24 is already the newest version (2.24.12-ubuntu.18.04.190212.1354).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
is running
It's obvious that the installer got stuck somewhere. Not sure, but I think I've read somewhere one day (without being interested in it) that it is possible to set the installer back to default or like you said clearing its cache or something similar.
PROBLEM: As PLESK by IONOS (former 1and1) server customer you get no support by PLESK and also not by IONOS. Ionos says they ONLY make support for the fresh installed server image with Plesk. Otherwise go to Plesk directly please. So, we Ionos customers have only the forum and Plesk support sites.
What I see in Plesk Updates/Upgrades is also not real:

3.jpg

Last edited:
Back