• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Upgrade 11.5 Hanging

runtim23

Basic Pleskian
How long does this process take in the end?
It printed final stage has been completed, then restarted my services, but it just printed this twice
Starting psa... Starting sw-engine-fpm: [OK]
done
then started hanging.
but it still says In progress... at the top and the operations log is still spinning.
Been like this for a couple hours now.

Finally finished.
But my sites are down. Seems all sites were switched to run php as apache module, and all the php settings are missing.
I can no longer execute files outside of my domain's subscription, even though open_basedir rules have been applied in PHP settings.
Example: a rewrite goes to a file inside my httpdocs, which is actually a sym link to a file inside another subscription. This was working before the upgrade. Any input?

Last edited:
BUMP
any new security that will not allow to execution of script outside of user's webspace, and inside another user's?
open_basedir set, followsymlinks allowed without SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
nothing in error log now, but was previously getting
"Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible"
Browser output:
"No input file specified."

Plesk support claims this ability has been removed in 11.5.
It would have been nice to know before upgrading. I saw no mention of this in the changelog/what's new docs.
If anyone has a solution please share, I have since moved the hosted data to a new domain, removed the webspace, and re-created the folders in the file system.

Last edited:
For anyone facing this problem. The upgrade removed all execute permissions on the webspace directory from guest, as well as some others inside the folder.
You will need to recursively reset your permissions. Not very friendly of plesk to change file permissions, and remove all my php settings,
but at least it's more secure right? Of course permissions was one of the first things I checked, but my files were not changed, perhaps a parent directory somewhere.
Still works with previous setup.

Last edited:
Back