• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk upgrade 11 to 12.5.30 broken - Help!

IanJ1965

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I am a 1&1 customer with a dedicated server (windows server 2008) and and a day or so ago I tried update Plesk from 11 to to 12.5.30.

It failed half-way through.....so I found some guides to repair the upgrade at the command prompt. Eventually, Plesk seemed to be working.....I could log in and see all my domains and config etc.

However, one of my domains uses Joomla and most of the time when I connect to the site I get am Internal Server Error, *sometimes* it will load perfectly and I will be able to view a few pages on the site but then it breaks again.........here's the site:-

http://www.ianjohnston.com

The error using IE on the server itself says:-

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly

I can't work out why it fails sometimes and not others......I just have to hit refresh(F5) many times, or leave it for a while and it may work again........etc.

When it is down, I can access some non-Joomla related pages on the site just perfectly, like my webmail account which uses Mdaemon and also which is a completely separate app to Plesk.

Ok, I need log files.........not sure which ones and where to pick them up....suggestions?

I am desperate to get this fixed..........am honestly, I am willing to paypal £50 the person that points me to the fix.

PS. I do have a Plesk full backup (1.2gb).......but am reluctant at this time to try that or I may be left with nothing!

Any questions pls ask.

Ian.

Back