• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Upgrade and Licence ?

A

ATK+

I have Plesk 7.04. if i upgrade to 7.5 Do i need new licence key ?( I have EV1 Unlimited Plesk licence )

And what about Upgrading windows Plesk 6.5 to 7.5 ?

Thanks ;)

Yes, you need new licenses. The EV1 licenses don't update themselves.

I've contacted EV1 and they're pretty an*l about it. They will not provide you with new keys if you ask them, I've had a server be down for two weeks because a Plesk upgrade gone bad.

So, no, you won't be able to simply upgrade to v7.5. I've tried, and it failed.

Furthermore, EV1 claims that selling servers is their core business, and that their business is NOT delivering software for these servers.

I've got it on file, and it seems like a -very- strange comment from a company that is supposed to be one of SW-Soft's 'elite partners'...

ooooooffff , is so bad that one server go down for tow week , I hop your problem will have solved soon (don't forget backuping before these actions ).

But maybe better that I get a new clean server and install Plesk 7.5 on it myself and open a trouble ticket for register this server ( because they are key owner and can updateit and i think is so easy for a biggest ..... )
So after that use migrate tools ( new feather in control panel ) for import old server to this server .
In this way if something go wrong i don't lose my server and I'll can transfer domain one by one ( changing DNS A records ) .
Just losing some money is better losing my heart .
Is it good ? ;)

Personally, if I was doing that, I'd migrate all domains at once with psadump/psarestore then tell the old server DNS zones to point to the new IP's ... it's simple enough to do if you know Plesk well enough. I've done it for customers a number of times in the past with no problems.

Maybe some miss , I said better that migrate all domain at once but for transfer DNS to new server, doing one by one ,I like test each site on new server ( maybe after upgrade php,asp,DB fined error ) and than transfer that domains NS or DNS records to new server , I think this get more stability to our service . What you think ?
And a question (Cranky) ? are you got backup (with psa restor tools ) from one server (for example psa 6 ) and restor it on new server with different version (for example 7 or 7.5 ) ? did you found any problem(php,asp,database ) ? what happen for mails ? and who much time is long ? ( psa restor down some service and so time consuming ) .

thanks for sharing your experiences to us . ;)

This also won't work. EV1 will not give you a 7.5 key.

I had the same problem, I had a 6.5 Windows machine and wanted to upgrade to 7. They still do not have proper 7 keys. That's when I had my server down for two weeks because EV1 won't update the key. After I finally mailed to SW-Soft and complained (because EV1 is supposed to be a 'elite partner') suddenly I got an e-mail from EV1 and they installed a Plesk 7.0 key.

I highly doubt that they will give you a Plesk 7.5 key. And this is exactly the reason I'm leaving EV1, if I have a server, I need to have updated software, and EV1 is simply denying us that.

I lucked out, I guess... I took a shot in the dark and upgraded on Ev1 from 7.1.6 to 7.5, after disabling my firewall completely and hacking my own server a bit to remove some things like Agent (since 7.5 demanded Agnt 7.2+)... it worked out great, and I've been using 7.5 for 4 days now.
My only complaint thus far is that the firewall does not import rules from an existing firewall configuration, and I can't seem to get any help on bringing old rules over to the new module.

I would *always* buy my keys direct from SWsoft - I was burnt before with a comany that went bust shortly after buying a key from them and I had to purchase it again from SWsoft - two unlimited licences - not cheap...

Also, I've recently started using a dedicated server hosting company in UK called "Poundhost" - don't let the name or website (www.poundhost.com) put you off, the level of service is superb. I don't know how suitable they are for US customers, but for anyone in the UK, you can't beat them on price or service.

Just my 2p. ;)

S.

Back