• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PLESK Upgrade and Migration

Didierqis

New Pleskian
Hi All
we have one server based on Linux Linux 2.6.18-406.el5 with Plesk 9.5.4 and need to migrate to a new server with Plesk 12.x
How you think is the best way to migrate to the new server (first upgrading the Plesk version on old server ? or using the plesk migration Tools ?)
another question the new server can be based on Linux or Windows server ?
Thank you in advance for your answer
Regards
Didierqis

Thank You IgorG but i have choice : Debian 8 or Ubuntu Server 15.10 what is the best choice ??

@Didiergis,

I strongly suggest that you choose for the (user-friendly) Ubuntu Server.

However, always use a LTS version (Ubuntu Server 15.10 is not a LTS version), since the LTS version is the (stable) "Long Term Support" version.

In the case of Plesk version 12.0.18, one would choose best for an Ubuntu Server 14.04.3 LTS.

In the case of Plesk version 12.5.30, one would choose best for the Ubuntu Server 14.04.3 OR the 15.04 version.

In addition, to answer your question: "another question the new server can be based on Linux or Windows server?"

Yes, both the Linux and Windows servers are an option to run Plesk, but I would not advice Windows server at all: this will lead to multiple migration issues and additional migration hours.

In short, stick to the Linux platform, for many reasons (I have not discussed them all, but the migration issues are the most relevant).

Hope the above helps!

Regards....

Hi Igor
Plesk Migration was reached without big problems :)
i have some trouble 1- with mail adress and 2- one website that was disabled before migration
1- my website mail adress are bloked by sorb maybe i have MX DNS problems ?
2- one website was before migration disabled and now i cannot activate it i get error message :unable to activate owner of domain is suspended ???
Thanks in advance for your answer
Regards
Didierqis

Back