• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Upgrade and Subdomains

Michael.A

New Pleskian
Product: Parallels Plesk Panel
Version: 10.4.4
Architecture: x86_64

Hello. We recently upgraded Plesk Panel on one of our dedicated servers from 10.1.1 to 10.4.4 and according to /tmp/autoinstaller3.log, aside from some odd issue involving phpMyAdmin and a "Broken pipe" with tr and some other problem invloving bind, the upgrade was reported as being successful. however, it was soon noticed that subdomains - which used to reside under, for example:

/var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/subdomains

were now all under /var/www/vhosts

For example, replacing one of the domain names with example.com: Whereas prior to the upgrade for staging.example.com we had:

/var/www/vhosts/example.com/subdomains/staging/

we now instead have:

/var/www/vhosts/staging.example.com/

with /var/www/vhosts/example.com/subdomains/staging/ not being a symlink to /var/www/vhosts/staging.example.com/ and with /var/www/vhosts/example.com/subdomains/staging/ now basically being empty.

Also, within the cointrrol panel for example.com: If we click on "Websites/Domains" and then at the bottom of the page, click on the link for staging.example.com, in the "Document Root" field, it simply says "staging" and so in full it reads as /staging.

However, interestingly enough, the subdomains still work. My main concern here is wil they keep working until the are modified and what about the creation of new subdomains and FTP access to them?

From /tmp/autoinstaller3.log:
Cmd of subdomains upgrade script exec: /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/upgrade_subdomains_1011.php" 1 5
Start subdomains transfer: start id: 1, end id: 5

Start upgrade of subdomain staging.example.com
Start moving via CLI: staging.example.com
Error catched: An error occurred during domain creation: Unable to accept the template: the following limitations are exceeded.
Description Requested Allowed
Retain web and traffic statistics 3 6;
#0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/CuExecutor.php(29): AbstractCuExecutor->_execUtil('cuSite', NULL)
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/upgrade_subdomains_1011.php(441): CuExecutor->run()
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/upgrade_subdomains_1011.php(102): SubdomainsUpgrader::_executeCli(Array)
#3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/upgrade_subdomains_1011.php(234): SubdomainsUpgrader::_transferSubdomainToDomainViaCli(Array, Array)
#4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/upgrade_subdomains_1011.php(418): SubdomainsUpgrader::_transferSubdomainsToDomains(Array, '1', '5')
#5 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/upgrade_subdomains_1011.php(30): SubdomainsUpgrader::upgradeUnix('1', '5')
#6 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/upgrade_subdomains_1011.php(479): SubdomainsUpgrader::upgrade('1', '5')
#7 {main}
There were problems with subdomain staging.example.com
Rollback database changes for subdomain staging.example.com

and this was also the case for the other three subdomains on the server. Now the only reference which I could find for "Retain web and traffic statistics" was globally under:

Tools & Settings -> Server Settings

where "Retain web and traffic statistics for" had the value of 6 (months).

Also, prior to upgrading to 10.4.4, there was a message suggesting that I read KB article 33110 first:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/113310

So I ran the command on the server prior to the upgrade and it returned a row for every subdomain on the server (4) but post upgrade and "Rollback", that command now returns an empty set instead.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

Hi,

As per checking the log, I understand there is an error occurred while upgrading for sudomains. I think this was occurred because of the subdomains concept change in the plesk 10.4. I think there will not an issue for working of these sudomains and you can create new subdomains and ftp accounts further.

You can get more idea about this from the below release note of plesk 10.4 by reading the subdomains section

http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...lels-plesk-panel-10.4-for-linux-based-os.html

Thank you.

Hi minosj.

Thanks. Yes, you are right. Point 19 at that URL:

"Improvements in working with subdomains"

which explains the changes which I am seeing and so that /var/www/vhosts/staging.example.com is correct for 10.4.4. I was just a little bit concerned about this from /tmp/autoinstaller3.log:

There were problems with subdomain staging.example.com
Rollback database changes for subdomain staging.example.com

but given the fact that subdomains are working I suppose everything is alright after all.

Many thanks and much appreciated,
Michael

Last edited:
Back