• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Upgrade failed to 502

schneemannski

New Pleskian
Hey Guys,

i was using my plesk installation since 2013 and did an upgrade in late 2016. last week i tried to do the same but it fails and my plesk interface isnt reachable anymore. here is what happens when i try to do
Code:
[root@s17790938 ~]# plesk repair installation

Reconfiguring the Plesk installation

Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.
Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable.

-- Warning: Skipping the data of table mysql.event. Specify the --events option explicitly.
 Finishing up upgrade procedures and rerunning previously failed upgrade actions...
===> Cumulative APS controller database (apsc) upgrade and repair has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller database has been completed.
===> Cumulative APS controller upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller (final stage) has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade and repair (revertable stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk database (revertable stage) has been completed.
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been started.
Applying migrations from: /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp17.5.3-bootstrapper/migrations/
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk upgrade (final stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk (final stage) has been completed.
 Reconfiguring mail subsystem...
 Reconfiguring Apache web server...
 Reconfiguring ProFTPD FTP server...
===> Configuring ProFTPD server
 Reconfiguring AWStats web statistics...
 Reconfiguring WatchDog...
 Restoring SELinux contexts...
INFO: [Sun Sep 23 15:01:39 CEST 2018]: Serice: sw-cp-server, Action: start
 Trying to start service sw-cp-server... sw-cp-serverd is stopped
Starting sw-cp-serverd:                                    [FAILED]

WARNING!
Some problems are found during start service sw-cp-server(see log file: /var/log/plesk/rc_actions.log)

Continue...

INFO: [Sun Sep 23 15:01:40 CEST 2018]: Serice: sw-engine, Action: start
 Trying to start service sw-engine... sw-engine-fpm is stopped
Starting sw-engine-fpm:                                    [FAILED]

WARNING!
Some problems are found during start service sw-engine(see log file: /var/log/plesk/rc_actions.log)

Continue...

Reconfiguring SSL ciphers and protocols...
 Regenerating web servers' configuration files...
 Cleaning active Panel sessions...

Bootstrapper repair finished.
If problems persist, please check installer logs ('/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.5.3_repair.log' and '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.5.3_repair_problems.log') for errors.
If you can't resolve the issue on your own, please address Parallels support.

When i try to go to the plesk panel it shows a 502 error site and the service sw-cp-server isnt able to get started.

Can anybody help me?

Greetings from Berlin

Tamás

What the heck... i found the solution by myself... :)

i was reading in psa_service log:
Code:
Starting sw-engine-fpm: [23-Sep-2018 15:11:14] ERROR: failed to open error_log (/var/log/sw-cp-server/sw-engine.log): No such file or directory (2)
[23-Sep-2018 15:11:14] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
[23-Sep-2018 15:11:14] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

so i recreated the folder sw-cp-server folder which was deleted as i tried to free a bit of disk space weeks before... so plesk couldnt work if you delete the log-file folders.... puh... maybe somebody should take off this dependency.... or i should watch out next time deleting files... :)

Back