• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk v11.5 multiple PHP versions

cp -fv /etc/php.ini /etc/php.ini.bak
cp -fv /usr/share/doc/php-common-5.3.3/php.ini-development /etc/php.ini

ok
all ok

I need to set this line: / usr / local / psa / bin / php_handler - add-displayname <NN> <path to php-path-phpini cgi> <path to <php handler> php.ini>-type-id <NN-custom>

Which exactly script you called? If that is PHP Panda - they are not ours, so the best would be to ask in that thread.

Thanx for information.
When I execute your scripts there's a error:
Requires: libfbclient.so.2()(64bit)

any suggest?

Looks like that you have not installed firebird-libfbclient package if you have CentOS. Just try to install it with yum.

Hello,

I'm trying to install an additional PHP version (v5.5.3) onto a Linux Server (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.) I followed the instructions at

http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=72042.htm

and can now select the new PHP version for a site, but requesting a PHP file returns a 500 error and I can find log entries:

(104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
Premature end of script headers: phpinfo.php

The existing PHP version is 5.3.3, if that's relevant.

Can anyone assist me in troubleshooting? In particular, what parameters should I specify on the "./configure [...]" step? I want the new PHP version running with the same capabilities as the old one. How can I find out what needs to be included?

Regards

I'm having this exact same problem. The solution saying to run as an Apache module makes no sense nor can I even set it to that (I can only php_handler it to either cgi or fastcgi) and I've ruled out that building from source isn't my issue but rather most likely Plesk not playing very nicely since the upgrade to 11.5 from 11.0.9 as I feel hinted towards from other posts/threads. I've been searching around quite a lot and have wasted far too much time about this with absolutely no luck, so if anyone can help point OP and I towards other solutions, please do!

Thanks

I'm having this exact same problem. The solution saying to run as an Apache module makes no sense nor can I even set it to that (I can only php_handler it to either cgi or fastcgi) and I've ruled out that building from source isn't my issue but rather most likely Plesk not playing very nicely since the upgrade to 11.5 from 11.0.9 as I feel hinted towards from other posts/threads. I've been searching around quite a lot and have wasted far too much time about this with absolutely no luck, so if anyone can help point OP and I towards other solutions, please do!

Thanks

I have been having this same problem when trying to compile and install PHP v 5.5.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and at last I have it working

The configure command that eventually worked was
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php557 --with-curl --with-gd --with-mysql --with-mysqli --with-pdo-mysql --enable-mbstring --enable-calendar --with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/php557/php.d

Then there is a problem in Plesk with the supplementary php.ini file that it generates automatically each time you change the version of PHP in hosting plan settings. This was trying to set Safe Mode to be On, also trying to set a value for open_basedir. So I created an edited version of this file which I uploaded to replace the automatically generated one at /var/www/vhosts/systems/<mydomain.com>/etc/php.ini. This change enabled PHP 5.5.7 to run.

Does anyone know where this php.ini file comes from? I would like to change it at source.

I have been having this same problem when trying to compile and install PHP v 5.5.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and at last I have it working

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php557 --with-curl --with-gd --with-mysql --with-mysqli --with-pdo-mysql --enable-mbstring --enable-calendar --with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/php557/php.d

Then there is a problem in Plesk with the supplementary php.ini file that it generates automatically each time you change the version of PHP in hosting plan settings. This was trying to set Safe Mode to be On, also trying to set a value for open_basedir. So I created an edited version of this file which I uploaded to replace the automatically generated one at /var/www/vhosts/systems/<mydomain.com>/etc/php.ini. This change enabled PHP 5.5.7 to run.

Does anyone know where this php.ini file comes from? I would like to change it at source.

According to the docs, safe mode isn't even available for 5.5, nor 5.4 in my case. What exactly did you do to change it? I tried a 'sed -i.old -e 's/^safe/\;safe/'' which commented out all the lines that start with 'safe' (all of which were removed) but now all I get is a blank page. Can you share more in detail the changes you made?

Nevermind my other post. I figured out that this is actually generated from the PHP and hosting settings of the Domain in Plesk. On domains with PHP 5.3 and earlier, there's a safe_mode option. This is removed with 5.4 and after, however. This is likely actually a bug that it's still inserting this. I will be trying to submit this critical bug tonight.
Thanks for the lead!

EDIT: I found that adding "safe_mode = Off" in Additional directives under PHP Settings effectively gave me the same result. I was then able to run a phpinfo() script and it turns out my blank page issue was something with my own script. So it seems that's the fix, yay!

EDIT2: Turns out this was actually caused by someone from my provider who did the upgrade for me, they forgot to comment out a line or something during it. Oops. Turns out this isn't a bug but a mistake during the upgrade process. If someone else did it for you, go to them and ask, otherwise double-check the docs about how to upgrade if you did it.

Last edited:
and can now select the new PHP version for a site, but requesting a PHP file returns a 500 error and I can find log entries:

(104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
Premature end of script headers: phpinfo.php

Hi

I've the same problem. I'm running Plesk 11.5 on Open Suse 12.2 and following this guide:
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=72042.htm

My normal php 5.3.15 runs as FastCGI without problems. But if I choose my new version 5.4.27 then I become the 500 error and the above message in my log.

Maybe this will help:
Code:
 /usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --list
          id:  display name:  full version:  version:    type:                        cgi-bin:                   php.ini:  custom:
       module         5.3.15         5.3.15       5.3   module                /usr/bin/php-cgi  /etc/php5/fastcgi/php.ini    false
      fastcgi         5.3.15         5.3.15       5.3  fastcgi                /usr/bin/php-cgi  /etc/php5/fastcgi/php.ini    false
          cgi         5.3.15         5.3.15       5.3      cgi                /usr/bin/php-cgi  /etc/php5/fastcgi/php.ini    false
  fastcgi5427         5.4.27         5.4.27       5.4  fastcgi  /usr/local/php5427/bin/php-cgi  /etc/php5/fastcgi/php.ini     true

Any ideas what causes this error?

Regards,
Maik

Last edited:
I'm having the exact same problem as the OP, TarasS, and RyanBr using Plesk 11.5 on CentOS 6.5 .
Oddly enough, I was able to get a new PHP install to work fine on a Plesk 12/CentOS 6.5 system, but the exact steps don't work for Plesk 11.5 .

I've read every post and supposed solution I can find on these forums and many others - nothing works. I've tried using PHP 5.3.28, 5.4.31, and 5.3.28 . I've tried configuring them a number of different ways with different options. They all appear fine in Plesk, but when I use one of these versions on a domain then it's the same error.

Does anyone have any other possible solution please? I've wasted HOURS on this.

Thanks,

Magestyx

Back