• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Web Admin SE Lightsail

dayjur

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
18.0.40 Update #1
Plesk version and microupdate number
Web Admin SE Obsidian
When installing Plesk Web Admin SE via light saill add remove components are greyed out php 8 is not avail and node js extension install produces error and about says update 1 dec 21
Another instance I set up after a few days updated must have updated itself and add components was not greyed out and node extension could install and php 8 became
about>Version 18.0.49 Update #2

Questoin how do I manually update to this version so I can install node js

@Peter Debik does the AWS Lightsail image restrict users from updating to newer Plesk versions?

The current image available on Lightsail seems to be using Plesk 18.0.40, while the AWS marketsplace images seems to use 18.0.49.

@Kaspar It's correct that the image is 18.0.40. Upgrades are not restricted. @dayjur Could you please describe in more detail how you try to do the upgrade and what error message(s) you encounter when doing it?

My other instance updated itself to 18.0.49 which allows me to install NodeJS extension, question is how can I manually update to 18.0.49 I tried disabling auto install and check for package updates gives error
1679150022305.png

Is the message shown in the screenshot the one that you have been getting before? Could you please describe in more detail how you try to do the upgrade and what error message(s) you encounter when doing it? There is another upgrade method, but I'd first want to make sure that the system is in a defined state before we proceed.

Tools Settings > Update Settings > Disable Auto Plesk Updates
SSH plesk stop installer
Tools Settings > Update Settings > Check for avail updates
Error: Unable to receive update information for the package(s)
1679230310987.png

ok seemed to have fixed it
SSH plesk installer stop
SSH plesk installer > it will then prompt you to go forward with updates

Back