• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Webmail not receiving emails

Sporttiger

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.54 Update #4
I have setup an email address on my cloud server. When using roundcube webmail I can send emails to outside email address which are received. If I reply back to the email it never is received in webmail. If I just try and send email directly from an outside email it is never received. Any help appreciated.

A first step to find the cause can be to check to which IP address the MX record of the domain resolves. You could for example use a tool like mxtoolbox.com for that. Does the MX record exist for your domain? Does it route traffic to an A record that exists and that points to the IP of your server?

I am still not receiving emails to Plesk webmail.
Here is the bounce back email response
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect

I have the MX record as follows:

Edit the Resource Record​

Record type
MX

Mail domain blank box .example.com.
TTL
Default value: 86400 seconds
Mail exchange server mail.example.com

I have the A pointed too

Edit the Resource Record​

Record type
A
Domain name mail.example.com

TTL
Default value: 86400 seconds
IP address *. my ip address

Code:
2023-08-28 19:43:24   
INFO
dovecot [69864]
service=imap, user=a***@example.com, ip=[::1]. Disconnected: Logged out rcvd=50, sent=581
INFO
dovecot [69864]
imap-login: Login: user=<a***@example.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=::1, lip=::1, mpid=638378, TLS, session=<yWcuGQUEzpwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>

I am sorry, could you please formulate this more clearly?

Where exactly do you see this:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect
Is this part of a returned mail?

What should the Dovecot login log excerpt show us in this regard?

I am sorry, could you please formulate this more clearly?

Where exactly do you see this:

Is this part of a returned mail?

What should the Dovecot login log excerpt show us in this regard?
Sorry for confusion. Yes that is part of an email return.
the Dovecot login info is the mail error logs on my server.

Code:
INFO
dovecot [69864]
service=imap, user=a***@example.com, ip=[::1]. Disconnected: Logged out rcvd=50, sent=581
INFO
dovecot [69864]
imap-login: Login: user=<a***@example.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=::1, lip=::1, mpid=638378, TLS, session=<yWcuGQUEzpwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>
This only shows that you logged in to you email account (probably via webmail). Is does not contain any information on email traffic.

Usually the error message "The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect" means that a mail server can't make connection to your server. It could be caused by different things. Things you should check are
  • If port 25 is open on both your server and on your providers Firewall
  • If MX records of your domain point to the right IP address of your server

Issue resolved. Changed custom name servers to Ionos servers & created subdomain on the Ionos side & had Plesk email point to them.

Thanks for all the help

Back