• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Windows 8.6 to 9.5.2 Errors

ViaHosting

Basic Pleskian
When I tried to migrate domains from Plesk 8.6 to Plesk 9.5.2 I got the following problems.

1) Subdomains at subfolders are created with the folder name same as subdomain name.
ex: Plesk 8.6 -> subdom.domA.com = /httpdocs/mysubdomain
Plesk 9.5.2 -> subdom.domA.com = /httpdocs/subdom

2) MySQL database are migrate, but the data restored is older. (problaby be using the last full server backup)

3) Content of /private folder is not migrated

4) The migration finished with the following error:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<execution-result status="success"><object name="xxx.com" type="domain"><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>plesk::ExecCmd::reportError</context><file>.\ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>65</line><text>Execution of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin\domadmin.exe" --update podiumimoveis.com -passwd "" -status true -dashboard false -manage_dashboard false -stdgui true -email "" -pname "" -phone "" -fax "" -city "" -address "" -company "" -country BR -zip 20000 -state RJ failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Unable to update domain administrator account: Wrong syntax for command's '-pname' parameter
</text></message><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>plesk::ExecCmd::reportError</context><file>.\ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>65</line><text>Execution of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin\domadmin.exe" --update xxx.com -pname "" failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Unable to update domain administrator account: Wrong syntax for command's '-pname' parameter
</text></message></object></execution-result>

The problem in that 'Personal name' is not mandatory parameter in Plesk GUI, but it is mandatory for migrator. Moreover migrator requires it to be not null.
We have already submitted request to developers regarding this problem. It is under their investigation now. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Back