• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Windows and Microsoft Windows Certificate Services

G

gongcart

I am wondering if I still can use the windows server component "certificate services" after installing plesk while I know that certificate service require the active directory.

The reason of using that component because I want to issue myself a root CA and some encrypted connection. Since the active directory is not installed, which means the server is not playing the domain controller role, therefore, the choices I have on the installation is either install stand-alone one or the sub stand alone....

I tried to install this component, however, it looks like the installation kept on failing and showing this message

Microsoft Certificate Services

An error was detected while configuring Certificate Services.
The Certificate Services Setup Wizard will need to be rerun to complete the configuration. Certificate Services setup failed with the following error: The Server service is not started. 0x80070842 (WIN32: 2114)

any help will be helpful.

*I am using a virtual private server managed by Virtuozzo, windows server 2003 enterprise 64bit,running iis on 32 bit...this is my last setting for all my virtual server configuraiton....any help is greately appreciate.

Hi,

Looks like "Server" service is not started.

It can be started with(in command line):

net start lanmanserver

Back