• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk windows is horrible

P

project3

Yes I have five servers with plesk windows and they all never work, every day there is problems.

We use cpanel with the linux. Never any problems ever on about 15 servers

Every single day is a new issue with plesk you cant remove domains and theres nothing you can do about it Ive read every fix my noc just says plesk for windows is the biggest piece of **** they have ever seen and they won't support it becase they say that its so buggy they can't believe it runs.

I see this day in and day out. We can't even get clients to go on plesk anymore are usere demand cpanel. When cpanel has a windows version, I think that will be the end of sw-soft plesk as this is a **** product.

I cant belive what I pay for a license on software that doenst work nor will anyone support it.

Nice rant. Why don't you post it on your NOC's board who does not want to support you? SWsoft supports their customers.

Problem with deleting domains is actually related to the way Windows work - you can't delete an open file, unlike on Unix. But we will solve that problem anyway.

If CPanel could release anything on Windows, they would do it already, but it does not seem like they can.

ok

ok
Well thats not it as my noc has removed the folder and added it with no files so there cant be a file in use.

Im sure cpanel will release a windows version.

I run currently 15 servers and have used both plesk and cpanel. Just because you've not been able to see the difference in cpanel and plesk unless you have both for your clients.

We have not been able to get a client to go on linux plesk now in three months, the servers we have with plesk are most of our support.

Support is 80% higher on plesk than cpanel hmmm

but I guess your right just because you say so, the numbers don't mean anything.

By the way who do you think has more sales ... Cpanel!!

Apparently file was in use when you have tried to delete a domain, it could be not in use later when NOC is trying to delete folder. Unless this is really a bug we don't know about yet. If you would at least post the error message or contact our own support with this, then we could deal with it better. We are ready to help you - you just never tried to work with us.

Try contacting our support when you see the error next time. Refer to this message if they ever say that your NOC should ask for support instead.

Numbers do mean a lot - Linux/UNIX to Windows market share is 70-75% to 25-30% right now, but Windows share is growing, that's the numbers we see. That's why your Linux CPanel gets more sales. Same as Linux Plesk vs Windows Plesk side-by-side.

Dear Jaytee,

Apart from the discussion that is going on here and as a newbie to Plesk, I cannot help to notice a lot of questions in the SWsoft fora go unreplied or at least uncommented by SWsoft people. Would you care to share SWsoft's official polliciy on following up these fora, please.

Even if the answer would be "we don't have a policy on the fora and make this only available to you guys as a service, but basically you are on your own - if you want real support you need to pay for it", an answer would still be nice. Knowing what you can expect, can prevent a lot of frustration (even if that expectation is low).

Kind regards,

Benoit.

I'm not sure what SW Soft's official stand is, but these are forums for the public to help each other should be wish, and to discuss things. Technical Support should be sought from your provider, or whoever responsible if the problem is urgent.

Also, have you tried using Ensim for Windows? I dont like cPanel for *nix, I dont want to imagine a Windows version.

Plesk for Windows has come along way since 6.5, as the *nix version has since I started using it at version 1.1

Hello Paul,

Well, that is what I mean. Personnaly, I don't think the "this is for the public and do whatever you like with it but we don't interfere" official stand is wrong, but it should be better stressed.

This is what I found in the meanwhile: When you launch the fora, it says on top of the page "The SWSoft Online Forum has been open to allow our customers to assist each other with questions regarding the use of PSA and Plesk software. Although it is monitored by the SWSoft staff it is not our intent to address support requests from within the forum. Any support requests should be submitted through our Online Support Form."

Now this is clear, but it should be stressed more explicitely (bold, red, bigger font...) as we all know nd realise by the reactions on these boards, that nobody reads this. You know how this goes with public fora that are hosted by the creators of the software: people expect support and when they don't get it, they blame the publishers and say the support sucks.

From that point of view, Jaytee who posted here higher, should have, as a moderator, referred immediately to this apparantly official stand.

Right expectations (whatever they are) = happy customers.

Regards,

Benoit.

Small companies that do not have dedicated support department, might use forum as a support tool. Open source developers might use forum as a support tool. For us, forum format is simply inappropriate as a mean of providing support, for a number of reasons.

So, you can get help (best effort) here, but official support is provided through another channel. That's the policy stated on the first page of this forum.

Hello Jaytee,

That's clear and I respect that.

But again: stress it more explicitely, most people expect to get support this way and complain if they don't.

There is nothing wrong with asking money for support (ever tried to get free support from Microsoft ?), but don't be shy to say it...

Regards,

Benoit.

p.s.: You want to keep an eye on those "not directly support but rather sales related" issues that pop up on these boards as well, but that often do go unanswered as well. I personally think these SHOULD be answered (even if the answer would be something like: "passed on to our sales team, please contact ... for more information").

Examples:
- http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24734
- http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24795
- http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24798

It's not even money for support (we do a lot of support for free, and we are applying terms of free support rather liberally). We have more than 100 engineers in the support team - forum format is not good for issue tracking, prioritization, distribution and accountability.

Actually, your links below were probaly not responded exactly due to the lack of accountability in the forum. I myself took the note of the free mailservers you've asked for, but had no time to write an answer right away. Demo box crashed a few times recently - until we traced the problem to a faulty power supply, but apparently nobody in particular felt obligated to write about to the forum.

Support issues, when submitted into our system, will not get lost like that, because they have an owner, and you always have an option for problem escalation.

Thanks I forgot about ensim Im removing every plesk windows we have and moving to ensim.

As ev1servers has tried now for two days to remove this domain and still no luck.

Plus Ive lost all this time and effort working on this.

I have become to hate plesk. When you deal with maintaing servers and you have one specific thing that causes problems day in and day out. You really start to hate it.

We hardly get a support ticket from people on cpanel yet plesk tickets roll in constantly.

Ill never buy another thing from plesk ever!
We started in the biz with only plesk, and after let down after let down,
we are going to not have a single one.

Plus I save so much money on the licenses, plesk charges so much more for such a weaker and buggier program.

If you haven't contacted Plesk support directly that it's really your own fault. I wish I could mod this up as "troll".

I have four plesk for windows servers.. I've had excellent luck (knock on wood).

I have learned the hard way using Plesk and despite the lack of support and response from sw-soft, 98% of trouble I have encountered can be answered from forums and knowledge base articles all over the web.

Look at cpanel.managementusa.com
I do not think I could have been successful at skinning, changing config files and troubleshooting without the forums and replies of talented users.

Yes support is costly but think of all the open source projects and cpanels out there that get supported by donations. Paid support is no diffrent. (sucks yes but sometimes a nec. evil)

Thanks to all the talent and posts to this forum!

plesk is very bad.

We never recomend plesk for windows.

plesk have too many bugs and never work.

If you need support from swsoft you need to pay $75 per request.

Then why are you on here and why are complaining, use another product!

jesus

support3, ev1servers plesk support ****.. dont ever use them, they dont have a clue. you may find help in forum here instead or by its members, if the plesk support is too costly for you.

sieb, dissapointment doesnt come by itself.. I have too experienced them, and it led to a total Os install that time, I learned to deal with my server problems myself the hard way..

I have the same problems, but much harder:

Plesk for Windows is buggy programm:

Heavy Problems with flase rights on databases (Plesk Database Manager fo MSSQL do touch the false databases on or customer - Plesk support can´t repair it)

Removing Websites problem: We have no files in there and we can´t remove it.

The event scheduler is based on broken Mysql server in plesk, here is the support mail sw-soft where i get from:

Seems we have found the source. The problem is connected with MySQL. It returns unkown error. Current version of MySQL is 4.1.7. In Plesk 7.5.4 it has been upgraded to 4.1.12 and there is no such problem. As workaround we advise you to restart MySQL server if such problem will occur. Please watch our website for an announcement about the new patches.

----

You´ll see that.

We have every two days such more problems, and we would like to go an another panel.

Our vip customer are laughing about us, "... what provider is this, with so hard problems?..."

Every day we´re loosing customer, because plesk for windows is full of bugs.

So SW-SOFT, go working to make a better version.

I´m going to the meeting with Microsoft and Sw-Soft, so i will discuss such problems with Microsoft directly. That they see, what Plesk is doing in real.

I can list much more problems, but i have no time, the next problem ist waiting.

hmm well I was only talking about ev1servers...

swsoft support is of course the best there is, who could be better? yes, you wish they could make the cp more stable than add new things. still there are 7.0.3 users waiting for a patch for months, but you can fix many things yourself if you just know the software well. Too many complaints come from users who could just try harder, at least search the forum...

Back