• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk with Postfix and uppercase mailboxes

H

HelmutW

Hello,

i have changed the MTA under Plesk 9.3.0 from QMail to Postfix.

Now all works fine, but one Problem allready exists:

Mailboxes with uppercase Names can not deliver E-Mails.

Plesk generate a folder for the mailbox:
/var/qmail/mailnames/example.org/Test

I think, Postfix will deliver the E-Mail in the folder /var/qmail/mailnames/example.org/test witch is not exist.

I get no Error_message, and in the log-file it lokks all fine. The E-Mail is going to nirvana.

Change the Name of the Mailbox to lowercase [email protected], all works fine.

Is there any solution for the Problem.

Best regards
Helmut Weber

Could you please provide OS version and version of glibc? We have this problem some time ago on Suse server and it was related to incorrect glibc version.

The OS is SuSE-Linux 11.0 and the glibc-Version is 2.8-14.2

Ok. Thank you. I have forwarded it to developers and will update this thread with information as soon as I receive it. Now I can suggest you to use only lowercase mailnames.

Thank you.

I have changed the mailnames to lowercase now and need a solution for the future.

The customers can add new mailnames with uppercase mailnames over Plesk. This can be a problem for me in the future.

Is there any news on this matter? We've recently had the same issue with Plesk Panel 10.2. By now we have 10.3. The rest of the system hasn't changed.

We also replaced Qmail with Postfix.

Product: Plesk Panel 10.3.1 (10.2 initially)
Kernel: 2.6.32-30-server #59-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 1 22:46:09 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux
GlibC: 2.11.1-0ubuntu7.8
Postfix: 2.7.0-1ubuntu0.2

Back