• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk with symbolic link | 403 No permission to view website data

Markus Riedel

New Pleskian
Hello,
I created two websites:
  • domain1.com
  • domain2.com

domain1.com
is holding a folder with images in this path:
Code:
/var/www/vhosts/domain1.com/httpdocs/public/uploads/images

I would love to access these images with domain2.com. I created a symbolic link folder in:
Code:
/var/www/vhosts/domain2.com/subdomain.domain2.com/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root         root 52 -sniped- uploads -> /var/www/vhosts/domain1.com/httpdocs/public/uploads/

If I now go to subdomain.domain2.com/uploads/images/IMAGE.PNG I'll get this message:
Server Error 403 Forbidden You do not have permission to access this document.

I changed permission to 755 in the folders and files from domain1.com.

What is the issue?

Best regards,
Markus.

The issue is the different subscription owners that are reflected in the file and directory ownerships. It simply does not work across different subscription for security reasons. Image if it worked: This would mean that one subscription use could access files in any other subscription by simply guessing at their names (which is very easy to do for example for Wordpress or Joomla installations).

The issue is the different subscription owners that are reflected in the file and directory ownerships. It simply does not work across different subscription for security reasons. Image if it worked: This would mean that one subscription use could access files in any other subscription by simply guessing at their names (which is very easy to do for example for Wordpress or Joomla installations).
Thanks for your reply. Is there any option to make possible what I'm looking for?

I am trying the same, and I have put these domains under the same subscription in Plesk but still get errors. "You don't have permission to access /upload/media/bla.html on this server."

Which user/group rights do these folders / images need so I can access them?

Thanks!

Thanks I did this + User and Group rights on the symbolic link as well and now it works.

chown -h <username>:psacln FOLDER

another question to symlinks.

how to execute PHP-FPM or PHP FastCGI with a symlink, i can access *.css but no stuff that needs to be executed?

Back